New UT2007 Screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boksha
    Did I mention Gorge can't even look to his sides? He can't look to his sides!
    Whoever thought up those ridiculous shoulderpads needs a lesson in practical design.
    Practical design in a game where players can jump 10 feet in the air, teleport trough glowing bulbs comming out of nothing, withstand 3 warheads in their face, balance on hovercraft-blades, repair armour instantly by walking over some vague glowing shield, double jumping endlessly in the air defying all rules of gravity, lifting guns which would crush a normal mortal when holding them, falling 200 feet ejecting out of a Raptor, with no parachute, only an energyshield sculpted by the black forces of evil. In a game where their worst enemies instead of planning an attack would rather be playing a game of, "look-at-me-I-have-finally-found-a-flag-to-whipe-my-***", where players can reincarnate in an endless cycle. Where humans fight all kinds of vague alien races with heads that look like vomit - yet hightech egyptian-looking warriors are bad right? - where for some reason fighting in old midevil castles magically floating in the sky is considered normal. Where the females are wearing highly armoured boots and shoulderpads yet are just about bare everywhere else - the same goes for men. Where 2 persons monecules burst into eachother yet one of them remains unharmed.

All of this and you are talking about PRACTICAL DESIGN???!! :up:

Originally posted by Windigo
    looks as though epic is making UT99 models, built with todays tech

look at the feet, hardly see the shape
    They're called boots - keep your feet from getting dirty :noob: (oh wait, that might be to practical, let's all run around with bare feet!)

Comment

Originally posted by Zynith
      Practical design in a game where players can jump 10 feet in the air, teleport trough glowing bulbs comming out of nothing, withstand 3 warheads in their face, balance on hovercraft-blades, repair armour instantly by walking over some vague glowing shield, double jumping endlessly in the air defying all rules of gravity, lifting guns which would crush a normal mortal when holding them, falling 200 feet ejecting out of a Raptor, with no parachute, only an energyshield sculpted by the black forces of evil. In a game where their worst enemies instead of planning an attack would rather be playing a game of, "look-at-me-I-have-finally-found-a-flag-to-whipe-my-***", where players can reincarnate in an endless cycle. Where humans fight all kinds of vague alien races with heads that look like vomit - yet hightech egyptian-looking warriors are bad right? - where for some reason fighting in old midevil castles magically floating in the sky is considered normal. Where the females are wearing highly armoured boots and shoulderpads yet are just about bare everywhere else - the same goes for men. Where 2 persons monecules burst into eachother yet one of them remains unharmed.

They're called boots - keep your feet from getting dirty :noob: (oh wait, that might be to practical, let's all run around with bare feet!)
      If I were gay I'd marry you. :bulb:

Comment

You still kind of need peripheral vision to fight.

Comment

In response to placebo, since I'm sick of quoting:

As for the city, I'll settle with the fact that we're both entitled to our opinions

Personally, I don't like the look. Oh well.

As for my comment about the juggernauts: what I see forming is a pattern. We've seen three characters across two classes, and they were all bulky. We've seen a fair deal of the Axon vehicles by now, and they are all obsessively large. We've seen the new shock rifle... even it is immensely long (9 feet?). So, a weapon, three characters, and a few vehicles all share a new, larger size. Judging by this, I'm simply making a reasonable hypothesus that most articles in the game may be large, bulky, and/or heavily armored, which I am a little uneasy about.

Comment

Originally posted by AL777
            In response to placebo, since I'm sick of quoting:

As for the city, I'll settle with the fact that we're both entitled to our opinions

Personally, I don't like the look. Oh well.

As for my comment about the juggernauts: what I see forming is a pattern. We've seen three characters across two classes, and they were all bulky. We've seen a fair deal of the Axon vehicles by now, and they are all obsessively large. We've seen the new shock rifle... even it is immensely long (9 feet?). So, a weapon, three characters, and a few vehicles all share a new, larger size. Judging by this, I'm simply making a reasonable hypothesus that most articles in the game may be large, bulky, and/or heavily armored, which I am a little uneasy about.
            Well, think back to the concept art in CGW and then later in PSM. There was concept art with three classes: light, medium, and heavy. While these aren't like Tribes classes, they are distinct visual styles of which that there will be an fair number of each. The Juggernaut seems to be Heavy, and Malcolm is Medium. There's plenty of room for foxy ladies and spry robots.

Comment

Originally posted by placebo 3.0
              Well, think back to the concept art in CGW and then later in PSM. There was concept art with three classes: light, medium, and heavy. While these aren't like Tribes classes, they are distinct visual styles of which that there will be an fair number of each. The Juggernaut seems to be Heavy, and Malcolm is Medium. There's plenty of room for foxy ladies and spry robots.

Heavy is not juggernauts, juggs is a separate team and havent been shown yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Zynith

Yup. It's a matter of looking totally retarded or not. The former obviously applies to Gorge. Did I mention he can't look to his sides?

Comment

Gorge obviously has microscopic cameras on his butt that connect to his spinal column through his colon...

Comment

if gorge does have a camera up his ***, it does explain his anger in the UT2003 Intro

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop Gantry
                      Heavy is not juggernauts, juggs is a separate team and havent been shown yet...
                      Light, medium, and heavy are just three different stylistic design classes. There will be more than one race that is a certain weight; there might be different weights in each race (Iron Guard, for example, has both Axon, who's bulky, and Matrix, who's the slightest character in the game)

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                        Gorge obviously has microscopic cameras on his butt that connect to his spinal column through his colon...
                        I think it would be easier (and more comfortable) to just remove his shoulderpads and give the poor man a helmet.

Comment

Wouldn't wanna argue with that hellbender on at a roundabout...

Comment

Originally posted by »A51«*Crash*
                            Wouldn't wanna argue with that hellbender on at a roundabout...

And i probably wouldnt try pick up lines on Gorge a late saturday night..... probably

Comment

I wouldn't try them on Rylisa or Reinha either. Those two pack a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop Gantry
                                And i probably wouldnt try pick up lines on Gorge a late saturday night..... probably
                                Not unless you have a very good pair of beer googles.

The problem is:

Carsberg don't do beer googles, but if they did, they would probably be the best beer googles in the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X