New UT2007 Screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by placebo 3.0
    he looks a lot more convincing and well-conceived than any of the Juggernauts from UT2k4.
    Considering the jugs in UT2k3/4 are absolutely horrible, that's not saying much.

Comment

*takes away Boksha's Hatorade.

Comment

Did I mention Gorge can't even look to his sides? He can't look to his sides!
        Whoever thought up those ridiculous shoulderpads needs a lesson in practical design.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
          Considering the jugs in UT2k3/4 are absolutely horrible, that's not saying much.
          Agree : with both the possible meanings for "jugs" lol

Comment

I wonder what the mercenary/Thundercrash women in UT2007 will look like. Hope we get some screenies of those too......

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
              Did I mention Gorge can't even look to his sides? He can't look to his sides!
              Whoever thought up those ridiculous shoulderpads needs a lesson in practical design.
              He can look to his sides... ...to see if a spider crawled into his armorsuit.

Originally posted by ut2004macplayer
              OK, one possible meaning is the Juggernaught race... ...but why do you want Jugs in the game???

Comment

Originally posted by ut2004macplayer

boobies?? :up: :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by SweetTooth
                  boobies?? :up: :haha:
                  yay for boobies :up:

Comment

All of the screenshots we've seen of UT2k7 are of gritty industrial environments
                    All my eyes have seen were super high-tech neon-drenched urban environments of lusterous, clean steel. When I say "gritty industrial," I'm talking asbestos, rankin, and ironic. And besides, I'm not only talking about enviroments, but of characters and vehicles too. Every character and vehicle we've seen looks exceptionally high-tech.

all of the vehicles are more militarily believable than in UT2k4
                    And like I said, I prefer the semi-military look, especially considering UT2007 isn't a military game. As for believability, something about 2 story vehicles you can't even see out of is a little unbelievable to me... or at the very least less believable than the current vehicles.

he looks a lot more convincing and well-conceived than any of the Juggernauts from UT2k4.
                    The problem is he still looks like a juggernaut; every single other one we've seen does as well.

OK, I have never been in the army or involved in any militaristic institutions... ...but I highly doubt there are clowns with cylinders and leather dominatrixes along with their leather slaves fighting around golden pyramids that float in the sky.
                    Believe me, if I could put on my cleats and trample the face of the people who put the egyptian maps and miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssteeerrrrrrrrr crrrooooooooooooooww in UT2004, I would. And besides, I'm talking less about content and more about atmosphere anyway. Even when playing Face3 against the nightmare species there is still a feeling of semi-military, semi-arena, down-and-dirty brawling.

Comment

Originally posted by AL777
                      Believe me, if I could put on my cleats and trample the face of the people who put the egyptian maps and miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssteeerrrrrrrrr crrrooooooooooooooww in UT2004, I would. And besides, I'm talking less about content and more about atmosphere anyway. Even when playing Face3 against the nightmare species there is still a feeling of semi-military, semi-arena, down-and-dirty brawling.
                      To speak of coherent look and feel, imagine that:

- Take one of the current UT2k7 screenshots with the Hellbender2 or Manta and either Malcolm or one of the other two bada$$es we have seen.
                      - Put a Nakthi/Anubian into that screenshot.

That's ridiculous. :bulb:

Comment

oh man, this has got to be one of the funniest threads I've read in INA :haha: Some memorable quotes in here.

Epic :up: Awesome! Give us more pweasseee!!!!

Comment

- Take one of the current UT2k7 screenshots with the Hellbender2 or Manta and either Malcolm or one of the other two bada$$es we have seen.
                          - Put a Nakthi/Anubian into that screenshot.

That's ridiculous.
                          I agree... I hate the Egyptians in UT.

Comment

I agree... I hate the Egyptians in UT.
                            Well...... Exp the Female versions are erm.... GOOD to "LOOK AT".

Comment

All my eyes have seen were super high-tech neon-drenched urban environments of lusterous, clean steel. When I say "gritty industrial," I'm talking asbestos, rankin, and ironic. And besides, I'm not only talking about enviroments, but of characters and vehicles too. Every character and vehicle we've seen looks exceptionally high-tech.

And like I said, I prefer the semi-military look, especially considering UT2007 isn't a military game. As for believability, something about 2 story vehicles you can't even see out of is a little unbelievable to me... or at the very least less believable than the current vehicles.

The problem is he still looks like a juggernaut; every single other one we've seen does as well.

The urban map we've seen is gritty, seedy, and really, really good. It looks like a convincing down-and-out part of urbania, and the metal is rusted, the streets littered, and the neon isn't garish, it's thematically appropriate. The vehicles are made out of one type of durable-looking reinforced metal, aren't chrome or anything, and definitely look beat up like they've been shot at, with dents, scratches, and rust. I don't know what you're talking about. And you don't see any current tanks with the driver sticking his head out and about; but actually, the gunners of modern tanks are exposed from the mid-waist up. So all in all, the Hellbender is pretty believable.

As for the Juggernaut - your logic goes something like this:

One out of the two characters we have seen, out of the twenty or thirty characters presumably in the game, has bulky neon Juggernaut armor. Therefore, all characters in the game have bulky neon Juggernaut armor.

Comment

looks as though epic is making UT99 models, built with todays tech

look at the feet, hardly see the shape

Comment

Working...
                                X