Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AL777
    Thinking about armor again...

We may have seen nothing but warriors burried under tons of armor, however we must remember that armor is fully customizable in UT2007. For all we know, there may be options as dramatic as choosing between light, medium, and heavy suits, which will solve this problem nicely.

As for coloring / brightness...

I honestly think, no personal offense intended, that anybody who can't make out their enemies needs help (either optic or mental... you choose). I have never, even on the darkest maps with the darkest and most well-blended skins, had any trouble at all with spotting my targets or distinguishing my teammates. Shadow effects on players are reduced from reality, team skins are stupidly bright, allies have beacons over their heads, and you can even set an option for players to glow. Oh, and let's not forgot that players are the only things moving and shooting. What skins have become are overly-bright, stupidly-distinct, gaudy cartoons... and you still can't see them? Seek help for your eyes... they can't be healthy.
    what are your video settings system specs vid card etc....

Comment

Be damned if I know...

However, I do know I have nothing out of the average and no drastically altered vid settings. I guess if I had to recommend something, though, it would be to increase brightness and contrast.

Comment

I honestly think, no personal offense intended, that anybody who can't make out their enemies needs help (either optic or mental... you choose). I have never, even on the darkest maps with the darkest and most well-blended skins, had any trouble at all with spotting my targets or distinguishing my teammates. Shadow effects on players are reduced from reality, team skins are stupidly bright, allies have beacons over their heads, and you can even set an option for players to glow. Oh, and let's not forgot that players are the only things moving and shooting. What skins have become are overly-bright, stupidly-distinct, gaudy cartoons... and you still can't see them? Seek help for your eyes... they can't be healthy.
        Utterly hilarious.. and completely true.

Comment

What skins have become are overly-bright, stupidly-distinct, gaudy cartoons... and you still can't see them? Seek help for your eyes... they can't be healthy.
          Oh God, my eyes...MY EYES!

I agree with you bro. There have been very few situations where I couldn't "see" my opponent, and to tell ya the truith, glowskins wouldn't have helped in any of them. Serioulsly, how do some people fare against other players who are using the invis combo? Once you see them move, it's a piece of cake to track them.

Comment

ok where is the player??

[shot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Magwa/where1Medium.jpg[/shot]
            this is with dm skin

now this is not meant to start a i see em you don't war lol but this is a typical example without brightskins which i do not use except in tam am.....pretty hard to see if you ask me and i have a 7800gtx and i am running holy S__t! settings and i only need glasses to read small print and on the pc i do wear glasses...

this is with team skin red not much difference to me sorry..

[shot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Magwa/where2Medium.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Most of us have gamma increased in 3d apps which means screenshots will always come out darker, and I still believe screenshots aren't a good example of "look how hard he is to see" as it's much easier to spot movement than shape and colour.
              Like if you had a square of noise move around on an identical noise background, you could easily see it when it was moving around but it would be completely invisible when standing still.

I've never had problems making out the players in UT2k4 and I never thought it needed fixing. Brightskins is there for those who like it, but I don't feel it should be a necessity.

Comment

There is no player in the screenshots

I need Brightskins !!!

Comment

i saw nothing...

where is the player?

tell me now!

Comment

If the player is able to hide himself that well, than he deserves not to be seen. I think hiding is a legitimate tactic in some situations as it brings about the element of surprise.

Comment

If the player is able to hide himself that well, than he deserves not to be seen. I think hiding is a legitimate tactic in some situations as it brings about the element of surprise.
                      I agree 100%

But in truth and reference to the screenshot:

-Irondust is nowhere even close to that dark. I blame the screenshot's natural darkness, or perhaps you have your ingame brightness simply set too low.
                      -As mentioned, motion is much easier to detect.
                      -In all honesty, I don't think there's even a player in that shot. In UT2004, shadows, no matter how dark, never make you invisible. You have enough unrealistic lighting on you so that you can always be seen.

Comment

in both pics the player is standing in plain sight IF you could see him and that is the point now if i make the same pic with BS he is easy to see..Point made ..and you guys say i need glasses LOL and this pc takes very good pics in fact what you see is what you get..

[shot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Magwa/where2Mediumpopint.jpg[/shot]

Comment

This is the shot with a simulated UTcomp hilight:

[shot]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/2042/where2utcomp6ki.jpg[/shot]

Sorry, but I think that this situation is more of a testament to the scaling issues rather than skin brightness there buddy.

Comment

I think these are better, the player isn't as small and far away. (and isn't behind a health pack)

Comment

magwa, sorry dude but that is dumb. I suspected that was the only possible place he could be, but at that distance, in a pixelated jpg screenshot, with a health pack directly in front of him, wtf do you expect people will see? fact of the matter is that in game, a player can't just stand there and expect not to be seen. and unless you stand in that area the entire game (which would be quite dumb) you WILL see him.

Comment

Originally posted by [EH]Xenocide
                                I think these are better, the player isn't as small and far away.
                                both shots, in front of the bolted pillars on the ramp.

again completely unrealistic looking, a front view of that character is much more visible than that in-game. jpeg is a lossy format people, it blurs edges and loses a lot of clarity. and that's if you didn't doctor it in any way.

Comment

Working...
                                X