No announcement yet.

New UT2007 Screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMHO one of the simplest (and best) solutions would be an array of models to force, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

This of course means that it's dependent of the same ol' collision tube. But that's not a problem, as UT2007 won't be a game where you can shoot the weapons outta your opponent's hands... (I loved GE & PD for this... )

Comment

Originally posted by fftunes
      As you want it, every single character would have to look like the mercs. Or anubans maybe.
      I think I already mentioned this a while back, but this was pretty much the case in UT1, and that game looked GOOD. (well, not in terms of graphics quality of course, but in terms of artwork and style)
      Besides, I'd rather have all characters look like the mercs than have all characters look like the juggernauts, which is the impression I've been getting of UT2k7 so far.

Originally posted by fuegerstef
      Boksha's opinions and statements are usually the ones you should listen to, because they are backed up by facts.

But in this case Boksha isn't even allowed to have an opinion on the look and feel of the characters.... ....because he likes the Anubians in UT2k4. :sour:
      Ironically, the egyptians were among the most normal characters in UT2k3.

Comment

Aye, but fueg's point still stands, we're not listening to you anymore!

btw. GGs

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
          Ironically, the egyptians were among the most normal characters in UT2k3.
          That's still no valid reason to like them in UT2k4.

Comment

I think the Egyptians are fine. When there are futuristic gladiators, there will no doubt be some teams that want some distinction and mystique in their armor and dress, and some teams that dress in traditional armor of their culture's warriors.

Comment

Originally posted by tortisetank
              OK time to get back on track

Armour!!! y not lets put 3000 pounds of steel on who cares about praticality. Lets build up armour that has no purpose what so ever give George no visibility and turn him itno a goliath with legs:haha: :haha:
              Ok what should be of concern here is the color of the players skin it looks just like the vehicles and that will be a huge problem,if the players skins are these washed out colors we have been seeing then i see a very big problem no matter if they have a mohawk hairdo or not or wear 3000,lbs of armour if they blend in to the backround we are right back where we started with 2k3 and 4.I would love to see just one shot of a team in team skins. And remember Epic that the skins must be visable in DM as well not camo and other blend in colors,we do NOT want another UTcomp ot TTM to ruin this next installment if the players are visable in all conditions then there is no need for a outside MUT.

Comment

Remember when everybody was so concerned in the demo days of UT2k4 about the visibility of vehicles? Everybody thought the difference was so subtle and so hard to see - and then everybody got used to it and it seems like night and day now between a red and blue vehicle.

And I don't think they even changed the tint between the demo and the full.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJim
                  @Magwa: I think you've missed Zynith's point a little. He's not nesacerily talking about Punk as in, everyone looks like a sex pistol, but about the image and visual style that's often gloosed over & rather generically called Cyberpunk

You've got to admit, UT99 ows much more to Blade Runner, and scifi-punk authors like William Gibson & Neal Steaphenson, than say to the modern hollywood style of SF, StarshipTroopers, clean design and shiny armour style that UT2Kx lives in.
                  Exactly.

I am wondering actually, what is really the problem with the new skins?
                  *Are they too bulky overall? (anatomy and armour)
                  *Are they too bulky in terms of armour?

If you look at the guy posted earlier, holding the flag. You can state he's quite allot of man, and except for clothing and armour he isn't too different from what the UT2007 conceptart and screenshots have revealed.
                  So the problem would be rather the armour then the bodyproportions.

If that's the case it shouldn't be too much of a problem to import characters with lesser armour, without making their overall appearence look different from the current characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Zynith
                    Exactly.

I am wondering actually, what is really the problem with the new skins?
                    *Are they too bulky overall? (anatomy and armour)
                    *Are they too bulky in terms of armour?

If you look at the guy posted earlier, holding the flag. You can state he's quite allot of man, and except for clothing and armour he isn't too different from what the UT2007 conceptart and screenshots have revealed.
                    So the problem would be rather the armour then the bodyproportions.

If that's the case it shouldn't be too much of a problem to import characters with lesser armour, without making their overall appearence look different from the current characters.
                    yes sorry i did not make the connection of your last post andm i did indeed miss your point .In answer yes the new player skins i am seeing have way to much body armour on the look bulky and slow(no matter what tricks they can do in game) the pic i posted of the guy with the flag looks much more like a gladiator to me and i also relate more to what he looks like,i guess you could say since the first unreal was ahuman fighting the skarrj it has always been us against them.... with the last few installments of the game it has seemed more of a hollywood movie complete with circus clowns and starwars droids...

Comment

about all the massive armour in UT2004, and it looks like 2007 as well..... the sniper gun in real play so dominates all the futuristic weapons, flak cannons, rocket launchers etc for the purpose of getting thru that armour. And it's supposedly centuries old too, by the time of the tournament. Kind of ironic that a real life weapon is more powerful than the sci fi ones in the game. Maybe body shots need nerfing, but headshots should still be just as devastating, maybe instakill if the hit box is further reduced, since these guys hate wearing helmets.

Comment

I really think the headshot box should be a tad bigger. Maybe it'll fix itself though since combat will be more up-close in UT2k7.

Comment

Originally posted by placebo 3.0
                          combat will be more up-close in UT2k7.
                          That's what they say... but how?

The sniper and shock will still be there. If Epic pays any heed to the hordes of "OMGLIEKMUSTHAVESHOCKINEVERYLOCKER!!" people out there, we're guaranteed more long-range combat. Larger maps = more hitscan.

No movement style can decrease range. So you move slower... so what? So does your opponent. You get to keep the range you're comfortable with, and for most ONS players now that'll be hitscan.

The only way you can make things "in your face" is by reducing accuracy. See Battlefield 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                            That's what they say... but how?

The sniper and shock will still be there. If Epic pays any heed to the hordes of "OMGLIEKMUSTHAVESHOCKINEVERYLOCKER!!" people out there, we're guaranteed more long-range combat. Larger maps = more hitscan.

No movement style can decrease range. So you move slower... so what? So does your opponent. You get to keep the range you're comfortable with, and for most ONS players now that'll be hitscan.

The only way you can make things "in your face" is by reducing accuracy. See Battlefield 2.
                            The original Ut was in your face and it had a shock rifle much more powerfull as well as a sniper rifle that was simi auto and more powerfull than both the LG and shock ,reducing accuracy just promotes spam..accuracy and powerfull weapons and smaller maps = faster kills and more in your face fragging.IMO

Comment

No, movement speed needs to be higher, but movement needs to be grounded. Being able to dodge-jump thirty feet just has people dancing around each other and being hard to hit with hitscan OR projectiles. Increasing movement speed however allows people to get in close, faster, and use close-range weapons. I think it'll just reduce the overall frustration in combat of people dancing around like mosquitos on crack.

Comment

Thinking about armor again...

We may have seen nothing but warriors burried under tons of armor, however we must remember that armor is fully customizable in UT2007. For all we know, there may be options as dramatic as choosing between light, medium, and heavy suits, which will solve this problem nicely.

As for coloring / brightness...

I honestly think, no personal offense intended, that anybody who can't make out their enemies needs help (either optic or mental... you choose). I have never, even on the darkest maps with the darkest and most well-blended skins, had any trouble at all with spotting my targets or distinguishing my teammates. Shadow effects on players are reduced from reality, team skins are stupidly bright, allies have beacons over their heads, and you can even set an option for players to glow. Oh, and let's not forgot that players are the only things moving and shooting. What skins have become are overly-bright, stupidly-distinct, gaudy cartoons... and you still can't see them? Seek help for your eyes... they can't be healthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X