Main Menu > Settings > Display > Brightness

Comment

Originally posted by AL777
        Main Menu > Settings > Display > Brightness
        ahhh there we go!!!!

thx :noob:

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzlebunny
          I - for one - really liked the juggernauts and other stupidly armored characters. Of course it's not realistic, I think of it as stylized. I guess "art" is pushing it a little, but it really is the word that comes to mind when I think of gorge's armor compared to functional armor.
          I think the concept of armor so heavy that it can only be worn by genetically manipulated humans is really cool, and I think it's even cooler how they included some female juggernauts. UT2k3 is the first game I've ever seen characters like Reinha. My first thought was something like "Woah that's weird.. cool! but.. weird.. I'll use her!"
          My point is I don't want to see stylized armour. I want believable characters, not cartoony monsters. Even if Gorges armour is an art-form, you'd be rather disturbed if there was a UT model wearing a suit painted like a Piet Mondriaan painting too, right? Not to mention making something look real is actually much harder than making something stylised. Heck, there's plenty of 10 year old boys that draw cartoon characters in their notebooks, but very few that actually manage to pull off a realistic drawing. That's kind of how I view Gorge: a silly looking charicature of an arena warrior. (sure, he has an absurd and highly inconsistent backstory to explain why he looks like he does (not including an explanation of his shoulderpads btw) but that's still the impression he gives me)
          (btw, Q3a also had fat chicks)

Comment

Originally posted by Cenobite
            ****! Hellbender looks great. Its like I always imagined a hellbender to look like in UT2007. Cant wait to ride it.
            Hell, I can't wait to get flattened by it

And yah, definately looks more fitting for the Unreal universe, rather than a hummer with turrets

Comment

All I really need for UT2007 is a baby seal skin :heart:

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                My point is I don't want to see stylized armour. I want believable characters, not cartoony monsters. Even if Gorges armour is an art-form, you'd be rather disturbed if there was a UT model wearing a suit painted like a Piet Mondriaan character too, right? Not to mention making something look real is actually much harder than making something stylised. Heck, there's plenty of 10 year old boys that draw cartoon characters in their notebooks, but very few that actually manage to pull off a realistic drawing. That's kind of how I view Gorge: a silly looking charicature of an arena warrior. (sure, he has an absurd and highly inconsistent backstory to explain why he looks like he does (not including an explanation of his shoulderpads btw) but that's still the impression he gives me)
                (btw, Q3a also had fat chicks)
                Let's see whether you agree with me before we go on a massive flaming adventure:

Reinha is believable and contributes to the Unreal universe, because her suit looks used, looks practical, and she herself doesn't look exaggerated. The Unreal universe is fine, in my opinion, with powered armor.

Comment

For all you people making backgrounds and doing whatever - here are the same images (4 of the 5) at a much higher resolution (1920x1080 for the cool RL one):

http://www.2404.org/news/555/New-UT2007-screenshots

-commiecat

EDIT: Sorry, I was typing that as I was about to leave work and left off the h. Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by commiecat
                    For all you people making backgrounds and doing whatever - here are the same images (4 of the 5) at a much higher resolution (1920x1080 for the cool RL one):

http://www.2404.org/news/555/New-UT2007-screenshots

-commiecat
                    Very nice. :up:

Comment

i cant access it, neither with firefox nor IE

edit: hmmmm, never mind, it worked now

edit2: omg! awesome res

can you guys find two vehicles in this pic?
                      http://www.2404.org/downloads/Unreal...1345346361.jpg
                      this is an old pi but only now with this very high res one i found it

only now i noticed how huge the new vehicles are in comparision the the current oneshttp://www.ue3brasil.com.br/galeria/..._screen001.jpg
                      imagine the cicada, bigger then the raptor

Comment

NOW all I really need for UT2007 is a naked vegan skin :heart:

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                          But how does he know when has to turn his body if he's also listening to loud music from his shoulderpad speakers? :weird:
                          I listen to music while playing and still hear enough to fight.

Besides he can see rockets fly past him, feel a single flack shard that tells him where the enemy is coming from, or just plain spin around alot so he doesn't need to listen much. It's not like your average deathmatch arena is a quiet place to study or try to sneak around! Gorge isn't exactly the sneaky quiet (roll-off changing) type of character.

Comment

Great. Now you gave me the image of Gorge in a DM arena spinning like mad so he can actually see people.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear hazard
                              can you guys find two vehicles in this pic?
                              Lovely Raptor :haha:

Comment

The Raptor looks kind of awkward from the front, too much like some kind of Star Wars droid army vehicle. I hope the wings pivot outwards as well as forward/backwards so the thing can plane along with them stretched out.

Comment

Working...
                                X