New UT2007 Screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by martinblank
    They are never as good as the screenshots make them out to be. I know that was not the case with doom 3 and fear for me anyway.
    No, you're just one of those people who see the Ultra Settings Doom 3 and then wonder why it doesn't look the same on Medium settings without antialiasing. We've already see it rendered at real time on several occasions.

And the stuff is going to look even better because the quality of the animation is so damned high.

Comment

Lor is very impressed with these shots.

Comment

incoming brightskins!

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzlebunny
          What's the difference between twin beams and a single one? The twin beams always hit a single fixed point, anyway.
          yea, i never liked the twin beams, they had no functionality at all, just design
          i like it being only one now

Originally posted by WailofSuicide
          Looks like they're making seats 1-2 enclosed ... Not a bad idea.

Still, I don't particularly care for the look of this thing. Probably appropriate to make the bender look like something other than a modified pickup, but I don't like the mega bulky blocky style. By the looks of the thing its tires are 6ft tall... And I'm confused about how someone is supposed to drive this thing. Does it have a periscope that extends up so the driver can see out, or what?

I really wish Epic would move away from the style they picked up in 2003-04 and seem to be continuing with 07.
          wth, this is the future, how do you think someone would pilot a raptor with todays technology?
          i assume they have many little cameras to see the outside
          notice the new raptor, it doesnt have the glasses anymore

Comment

Still waiting for a glimpse of the Necris vehicles...

Comment

i think epic will show us the rest of the axon vehicles before this happens :downcast:
              cant wait to see the paladin, SPMA, and... OH THE CICADA!!1 almost forgot about it
              im expecting that the levi will be this big http://www.ue3brasil.com.br/galeria/...5112156152.jpg

i just noticed that the raptor has an "OX" in the wing, but in the concept art its FZ_5

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear hazard
                whoa, nice pic.

Comment

great resolution isnt it?

i think this is the best site to see UT2007/Gears of war/Huxley pictures and movies
                  this is one of the few sites where you can get a really high res pic of the raptor concept art for example
                  Same to the shock rifle concept art, its almost in the original size

http://www.ue3brasil.com.br/index.ph...pper&Itemid=42

Comment

In slight defense of the logical armor discussion, we need to first understand that this is UT and not, say, MOH. If you're going to apply logic to how the characters look, you also have to apply it to just about all science fiction in general.

The character is carrying a spear - not a minigun. If you were running with that **** thing, wouldn't you like to have your feet and shins a bit protected? Shoulder pads would make sense in defense from a thrust - not to mention that your shoulders would be pretty exposed if you were lunging offensively. The pads would also protect from your shoulders getting bashed from above from a hammer-like swing.

Don't mistake this as me saying it's accurate, but I think that in context it's a bit more purposeful than random armor on shoulders and shins. The shoulder pads are probably excessive in size but do have a logical purpose - perhaps even more so if they actually extended to protect against side shots. As far as torso and arms - perhaps that's a risk you take for extra movement. Head - maybe the helmet is just removed for the pic.

Just my $.02

-commiecat

Comment

Originally posted by s0n1cm4yh3m
                      incoming brightskins!

paging lotus. please come to UT2007 and give us UTComp again.

Comment

Originally posted by commiecat
                        In slight defense of the logical armor discussion, we need to first understand that this is UT and not, say, MOH. If you're going to apply logic to how the characters look, you also have to apply it to just about all science fiction in general.

The character is carrying a spear - not a minigun. If you were running with that **** thing, wouldn't you like to have your feet and shins a bit protected? Shoulder pads would make sense in defense from a thrust - not to mention that your shoulders would be pretty exposed if you were lunging offensively. The pads would also protect from your shoulders getting bashed from above from a hammer-like swing.

Don't mistake this as me saying it's accurate, but I think that in context it's a bit more purposeful than random armor on shoulders and shins. The shoulder pads are probably excessive in size but do have a logical purpose - perhaps even more so if they actually extended to protect against side shots. As far as torso and arms - perhaps that's a risk you take for extra movement. Head - maybe the helmet is just removed for the pic.

Just my $.02

-commiecat
                        What you just said. Then the most protective characters are the jugs. Be it melee combat or firepower, they got the armor.

Since Im already here. Why do people hate the Juggernauts? The 2003 Juggernauts to be exact. Whoever came up with their concept deseves a medal, from me at least. Whoever designed Jugs from Unreal Championship2 deserves a punch in the jaw.

Hope UT2007 returns the Jugs from 2003/4, maybe modify them a little. If not Im going to cry.

Comment

helmets are only common in single player games, and for non important character like soldiers

Comment

Originally posted by Logy
                            Actually, it kinda makes me sad, because it looks like there will be zero first-person visibility in this AND the scorpion, and I'm one of the crazy ones who gets a thrill out of driving in first person perspective. It's more difficult, but it really gives you more of a sense of the speed.
                            Are you sure about that? I was able to view first-person from all vehicles in UT2k4.

Comment

Originally posted by DiGiTaL_Chucks
                              Are you sure about that? I was able to view first-person from all vehicles in UT2k4.
                              he means that he wants to see the interior of the vehicle, the cokpit

yea, thats a little bit sad, but we could be wrong

Comment

My opinion on logical armor...

Who cares -- the game is first person.

Comment

Working...
                                X