HOW DO THEY DO IT'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOW DO THEY DO IT'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I see players moving way to fast on net,shooting three times faster, i got DSL 1.5MB 256 upload and the game plays ok, i can play rankin 25flags in 7min. but some players can beat the game in 3.5min. i see players moving faster than the cap off rate ,any tips. 2nd thread ,first one got pull out ,don't no way,reword the question.

probably because they know how to dodge jump and move without just holding the forward button down the whole time.

Comment

Or they're using the speed adrenalin combo or beserk for faster shooting

Comment

Agreed with the posts above. Also Ive seen people complaining at me that I shoot too fast or whatever, I think some people are just really bad judges of whats actually going on in the game!

Comment

Been playing UT for two years,upgraded the video card and ram,the game runs great,i can dodge jump thur any arena but some players are move faster ,some times i think that they hack the speed or the capoff rate,don't say anythink on line because there could be a possibilty that some one has a top of the line rig that letting then move that fast,but sometimes wend the wining player come in to the server, it seem to screw up client side with out incressing pings.

Comment

Some ppl move faster cuz they are using a different dodge jump. example; Hold down a or d tap 2x w or s and then you hit the spacebar. This one is alot harder cuz your are walking sideways. Imho i don't think a better rig will make you move faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Sys-X
              Imho i don't think a better rig will make you move faster.
              You mean I bought this dual dual-core opteron, 16 GB RAM system for nothing?????!!! I WON'T BELIEVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaoticas
                You mean I bought this dual dual-core opteron, 16 GB RAM system for nothing?????!!! I WON'T BELIEVE IT!
                Actually, the funny thing is -- I really do have a dual core opteron! But its the socket 939 version. I have it overclocked to 2.85GHz (faster than the fx 60 or dual fx-57s). Anyway mabey they have their sensitivity set really high.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaoticas
                  You won't get more fps when you are playing online, you won't move faster, you won't shoot faster, only thing you can do is to set your visuals really high. 16 GB RAM ??? Really Oo, you must be using xp 64 pro, maybe it's time to put UT2004 in a virtual ramdisk. Maybe it's wise for Human Fx to tune down his visuals, and see what the difference is. Only way to move abnormal fast is by using adrenaline combo's such as speed, and for faster shooting you can use beserk.

Comment

You won't get more fps when you are playing online, you won't move faster, you won't shoot faster, only thing you can do is to set your visuals really high. 16 GB RAM ??? Really Oo, you must be using xp 64 pro, maybe it's time to put UT2004 in a virtual ramdisk. Maybe it's wise for Human Fx to tune down his visuals, and see what the difference is. Only way to move abnormal fast is by using adrenaline combo's such as speed, and for faster shooting you can use beserk.
                    Wow.

Comment

Yeah. Just wow.

Comment

You won't get more fps when you are playing online,
                        I've been running around 100 fps in TDM 5v5 pubs for some time now...... :weird:

you won't move faster,
                        No, but it's easier to dodge rockets at higher fps as you'l have a clearer idea of their trajectory towards you and can time your dodge better.

you won't shoot faster,
                        Ever heard of a little thing called a flickshot?!

only thing you can do is to set your visuals really high.
                        Well, you can do that if you want, but I'll take better accuracy from higher fps over eye candy any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Echohawk
                          I've been running around 100 fps in TDM 5v5 pubs for some time now...... :weird:
                          :weird: How ??? online you won't get more then 85 fps. This has been said alot of times on the forums. Plz tell me how you do that, cuz my rig can easily run Ut2004 at 150 fps in most of the maps.

No, but it's easier to dodge rockets at higher fps as you'l have a clearer idea of their trajectory towards you and can time your dodge better.
                          That's why Human Fx must tune down his visual settings.

Ever heard of a little thing called a flickshot?!
                          Yes i have.

Well, you can do that if you want, but I'll take better accuracy from higher fps over eye candy any day of the week.
                          I know that myself, play at 1024x768 with all settings normal, no gore, no weapon view. This is my rig's setup; a8n sli, AMD FX 64 3500+, gf fx 6800 extreme, 2 gig pc3200 DDR RAM, 320 GB Sata hdd, Creative X-Fi fps.

Comment

o god you must think you rock now echohawk -_- , first of all the max fps limit is 85 on ONLINE gaming you can get higher fps on lan/single player. oh and of the high ram omgwtf you move faster because of it, bull**** .. its about skills ive played ut2k4 since the demo, i had a 15inch monitor with low ram fps about max 50-60 and i was still faster then other people its all about how you play all the other stuff is just plain bull****. ut2k4 = skills not hardware. seems the game is still filled with noobs =) thank god i stopped. and hardware can help but they wont do it for you =) its all about ur own reaction in shooting and moving, some people have faster reactiontimes then other simple as that.

Ste-V

Comment

Originally posted by Ste-V
                              o god you must think you rock now echohawk -_- , first of all the max fps limit is 85 on ONLINE gaming you can get higher fps on lan/single player. oh and of the high ram omgwtf you move faster because of it, bull**** .. its about skills ive played ut2k4 since the demo, i had a 15inch monitor with low ram fps about max 50-60 and i was still faster then other people its all about how you play all the other stuff is just plain bull****. ut2k4 = skills not hardware. seems the game is still filled with noobs =) thank god i stopped.

Ste-V
                              +1 :up: Like Ste-v said, it's all about the skills.

Comment

Working...
                              X