Dumbest thing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumbest thing.

I just got done playing 3, or 4 maps on a VCTF server. I think it was fat jimmys, or big jimmys or something. I notice people actually use the VoIP feture on there. so I decide to pull out my headset, and plug the headphones in..
    Now, I don't really talk alot, unless its needed, because if I do, I tend to lose track of what I'm doing, and end up getting killed too much. It really didn't matter this time, because I was getting stomped anyway..

ANYWAY! I have my head set in, and the handfull of times I do talk, it's like everyone is ignoring me, so I type, instead of talk, and get responses.. Thinking something is wrong with my mic settings, I alt tab out of the game, and look at the mic settings.. I notice that it's on mute. I think to myself.. "Ok, I feel like an idiot". I unmute it, and go back into the game, try to talk, and still get no response.

I then alt tab back out, and raise the volume, and still have the same thing.. I then figured they could hear me, but were busy trying to get the flag.. So, not really being sure, I just contenue to run my mouth for 3, or 4 maps straight without realizing I forgot to plug the mic jack in

Anyone that was on at the specific time in that server, the handle I usually go by is Apathy. I was actually talking to myself for however many games straight, and if I was smart enough to check everything, I had some valuable imformation to where the flag carriers were.

Does the little volume meter move up and down when you talk? If it does, then your mic is working. If it stays at 2 little boxes then you have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank
      Does the little volume meter move up and down when you talk? If it does, then your mic is working. If it stays at 2 little boxes then you have a problem.
      It was actually boucing around.. Not really to my voice, but it was still moving heh.

Comment

Apathy LOL! We're a bunch of blabbermouths there so you'll definitely get talked to LOL. I have really enjoyed playing with you lately, really hope to see more of you. Love to have you on my team!!

LMAO at your MIC.

Comment

lol !

Comment

lol, I've done shoutcasts only to realise my mic was on mute about minutes in.

Comment

Ok, stupid quetion.
              What are you supposed to use to communicate with your team?
              I had "Activate mic" binded for a while, then I had "Toggle Team Chat" on for a bit.. They both activate the mic. I thought it was supposed to be "Activate mic", because I figured it already put you in team chat when you entered the game, but I'm not so sure that's the case anymore.

Comment

Yes, you have to have binds to set Team/Public/Local chat and check your ini to see what channel you join by default.. In the local mode, you're only heard by people that are in the immediate area of your player. You become an ambient sound source in the map.

Comment

big jimmys?
                  whats your id?

Comment

Originally posted by BasketCase
                    Ok, stupid quetion.
                    What are you supposed to use to communicate with your team?
                    I had "Activate mic" binded for a while, then I had "Toggle Team Chat" on for a bit.. They both activate the mic. I thought it was supposed to be "Activate mic", because I figured it already put you in team chat when you entered the game, but I'm not so sure that's the case anymore.
                    You should use activate mic, I personally have it bound to ALT so I can use the right movement key...

Comment

Originally posted by BasketCase
                      I just got done playing 3, or 4 maps on a VCTF server. I think it was fat jimmys, or big jimmys or something. I notice people actually use the VoIP feture on there. so I decide to pull out my headset, and plug the headphones in..
                      I like Fat Jimmys but I am so tired of waiting around for manta runs to defend against and unfair one sided games that I could murder someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Xexx
                        I like Fat Jimmys but I am so tired of waiting around for manta runs to defend against and unfair one sided games that I could murder someone.
                        It's the only server I know of where it's full most of the day, I get a sub 70 ping, and people actually use the mic.

Anyway, I think I got it figured out.. I have a button binded to "Speak in team chat", and one to "speak to public chat" or what ever it is, and use the activate mic to talk.. I've asked if anyone can hear me, and they said yes, so I guess it's working.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge-David
                          big jimmys?
                          whats your id?
                          If I knew what that was, I would tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Xexx
                            There is a no preferred team mutator on Fat Jimmy's.

Comment

Working...
                            X