• replied
    Originally posted by Bort_Simpson
    www.esreality.com

www.cached.net

Hope that helps :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zoefff
    does anyone have a link to some pro replays?
    www.esreality.com

www.cached.net

Hope that helps :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    does anyone have a link to some pro replays?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My new mutator in VAS-UT colection is aauto server recording mutator.

it will auto create recording files and then post them in a webadmin for everyone to download. You can manualy move files zip them and place on server or another server. update the ini file with recording ID and the code will make the UT webadmin code for this will show the link for download. Code will also show what players are in recordings! so you can go back and check all the demos of a player :-)

I also have a auto tool that does all this on a normal windows server. It zips the .Dem file and then updates the mutators ini file that its ready. next map the Web has a zip dl of the recording of the game before. you can save as many files as you want.

My server is set to 100 recording. Working Demo of this is @
    http://vasserver.dyndns.org:81 select Recording button to see them.

development forum for this is @ http://vasserver.dyndns.org:88/vasdn...2&FORUM_ID=102

still working this update. It will be out ASAP!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yep, playing the game and recording the demo for playback, then playing the demo while recording with Fraps is the best way to go. I have played some games, such as MOHAA and UT2K3 while recording it with Fraps, and they were still playable. If you don't have a pretty fast system, it won't be worth the effort. And Fraps can record at 30fps, but if your system is capable of rendering at a faster rate, the 30fps will be shaved off of that rate.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    LOL you tried to PLAY while using Fraps... come on man. You record a demo, then record while watching the demo. If you used Fraps while playing, you'll get 5 fps, plus the movie file will be so ****ing huge that you better have a 200 GB hard drive, or more.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jestrik
    I was using fraps but it brings my framerate down by so much cos it limits it to 30fps (being the highest) and i cannot play at this framerate (i get pwned by BOTS!! - omg)
    I dunno about anyone else, but when I was having a go at making some movies, I would play the game and record the demo. then play the demo back and record the action.

Seemed like the sensible way to me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT2003 Demowatcher

"Program that will allow you to watch a demo simply by clicking on a .dem file located anywhere on your computer. Make sure you follow the directions for installation!"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was using fraps but it brings my framerate down by so much cos it limits it to 30fps (being the highest) and i cannot play at this framerate (i get pwned by BOTS!! - omg)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The second option, I think.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Are they in movie format or are they recorded as equations and co-ordinates that need to be re-rendered in order to view them? (they only seem to be around 7mb, well, on my comp)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yup, that'll do it.
    Things to watch out for:

Unless you're running a server, you can only view the action from your own view-point, so you can't watch yourself leaping around from someone else's point of view, in other words. It'll play just as you saw it during the game it was recorded in.

There are no fast forward, rewind, slow motion or pause options when UT2k3 plays .DEM files. If you're dead keen and want to make a movie, there's a program called fraps that more and more people seem to be using to convert what at the core of it are pretty intractable .DEM files into movie format. I don't know how you do it, but there are a few threads here where some tips have been given. Rumours are that UT2k4 might contain some cooler features like these.

I think those above statements are kosher, anyway.
    I used to LOVE making demo files in Doom and Quake. Hardly do it with UT, really.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: .DEM Files....What do I do with them?

How do I view them,
    Open UT2003 press the ~ button(it should be right next to the 1 key) and type "demoplay DemoName" minus quotes and DemoName is the dem files' name
    and what the HELL are they??
    That's the format that ut2003 records demos in. I believe ut2004 will allow you to dump them into avi's

Leave a comment:

• replied
    they are recordings of matches you've done, to play them just open up console and type "demoplay <name of file>.dem", without the " and the <>

example: demoplay firstgodlike.dem

or at least thats how i think it is, havent messed with demos in a while

Leave a comment:

• started a topic .DEM Files....What do I do with them?

.DEM Files....What do I do with them?

I used TTMV3 to record demos of matches and has dumped .dem files in the /system folder. How do I view them, and what the HELL are they??

Cheers
Working...
X