Question about a player .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about a player .

Well Ive played this guy quite a few times , he's called oct`laZy , he's not that great I beat him quite a lot , thing is it , he plays in a very strange way , he doesnt play very smart , he never goes for 100a but only attacks me when Im there , he plays ... kind of slowly , instead of jumping from the bridge at 100a he jumps to the rocket and strafes slowly to the 100a to get me ,
    he is very good at dodging flak and it is very hard to hit him with hitscan , he always seems to be standing and he times it so he moves right when I shoot him ,
    like I said he's no extra good , his movment is bad in opinion , but I must admit rocketing him was really hard , mining very easy though ,
    thats not all though , his aim is kind of ... strange too , he doesnt really do reflex shots he kind of shoots slowly ,
    I want to know if anybody knows if there's some problem with him and if he is really trying since it looks like he's not .

Originally posted by WosP
    Well Ive played this guy quite a few times , he's called oct`laZy , he's not that great I beat him quite a lot , thing is it , he plays in a very strange way , he doesnt play very smart , he never goes for 100a but only attacks me when Im there , he plays ... kind of slowly , instead of jumping from the bridge at 100a he jumps to the rocket and strafes slowly to the 100a to get me ,
    he is very good at dodging flak and it is very hard to hit him with hitscan , he always seems to be standing and he times it so he moves right when I shoot him ,
    like I said he's no extra good , his movment is bad in opinion , but I must admit rocketing him was really hard , mining very easy though ,
    thats not all though , his aim is kind of ... strange too , he doesnt really do reflex shots he kind of shoots slowly ,
    I want to know if anybody knows if there's some problem with him and if he is really trying since it looks like he's not .
    Maybe he's a talented noob??? Some noobs know how to use stratigy but they're movement skills and aim may suck. He propably picked up 1v1 tactics from another game but hasn't cought on to what it takes to move well int 2k4.

RD

Comment

From your descripton, he's an insta player, we move funny like that. And "oct" is an iCTF clan as well i think.

Comment

When you say, strategy, what exactly do you mean, like, knowing when people are going to shoot, predicting movement and stuff? I am a very UNtallented noob. i must agree that ut2004 is like really diff from other games because it takes movement to a whole new level. I tend to get told
        "do you expect to live when you move like that?" i see other people CONSTANTLY moving even though there is no real need so i feel really put down coz i am rubbish and i just run in a straighht line when nobbody's there.

Do you think there is such a thing as being physically unable to be a good UT player or is it really true that nomatter how bad you are you can be a pro if you keep on practcing. It doesnt help that i've had my internet acess taken off my computer so i can't play online.

Comment

hi

here his clan :

http://www.clan-octopus.com/site/ind...=profile&id=62
          irc :#)Oct)o(pus(

i think i know one player of his clan , Sebo !
          and it's a very good player !!!
          other link :
          http://www.clanbase.com/news_league....71815&lid=2330

Comment

Originally posted by K_K
            When you say, strategy, what exactly do you mean, like, knowing when people are going to shoot, predicting movement and stuff? I am a very UNtallented noob. i must agree that ut2004 is like really diff from other games because it takes movement to a whole new level. I tend to get told
            "do you expect to live when you move like that?" i see other people CONSTANTLY moving even though there is no real need so i feel really put down coz i am rubbish and i just run in a straighht line when nobbody's there.

Do you think there is such a thing as being physically unable to be a good UT player or is it really true that nomatter how bad you are you can be a pro if you keep on practcing. It doesnt help that i've had my internet acess taken off my computer so i can't play online.
            some people can be very good tactically but dont have twitch reactions...

Comment

I don't do all that super jumping around, if I want to get somewhere faster I'll double jump n stuff but I barely dodge and never wall dodge or any of them other jumps and dodges you can do, yet I don't always lose when I play online, which also is rare for me.

Comment

Dude, there are many different ways to play UT and everyone has their own opinions on what is right and wrong.

I tend to dodge hitscan by anticipating when a player is going to shoot then moving slightly. I shoot hitscan weaps by waiting until a player steps into my line of sight, I ensure my cross hair is somewhere I know a player is going to be (cf players who run round with the x-hair pointing at the floor!).

When lpaying I am generally aware of all the possible options and will act depending on how I predict my opponent to act. Now this often makes me look like a beginner - because sometimes I think 'that player is good enough not to expect something obvious from me, therefore playing the obvious move is safe' but then he turn out to be a limited player who expects the basic predictable moves from everyone and I fall into the stupid trap.

I think you need to try and see things form other people's perspectives. Also, this is a strange thread, Im guessing he actually fragged you a few more time than you let on... !

Comment

i am the same way i played UT 99 insta for 4 years and i am horrible at the uber movement (it also kills my wrists after 3 or 4 games)i tend to sneak attack and line people up for shots(habits from slow connection) there are a ton of reasons he may play like that...

Comment

Well he doesnt really play smart , no tactics at all , .. you would have to see hwo he plays , play him , he's from ut.duell , yeah sebo's good , west too .

Comment

Oh, him!

Comment

Working...
                      X