The controversial link primary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sys-X
    It's just cuz the mini is your fav. weapon. Complaining cuz i got owned by someone who masters the minigun LMFAO really you will have to try much harder, but the point is that so many ppl are abusing it so there is no way you can outfrag them all. The minigunner's masterful evasive combat style ? LMFAO again omfg. I to can use the minigun, omg it is just to easy to use it. What is the big problem about avading shots, you must do that with every weapon you use, even more in close combats !!! I play ictf to, so hitting some minigun master is no big problem for me. Just admit that you are a minigun ***** who just can't use any other weapon that is in the game.
    And...

Originally posted by Ste-V
    GOD, ur all noobs =) minigun = 0% skill , oh mommy look i can tankcamp weeeee, zomg my tank is destroyed what now?!?!?! oh yes minigun because i suck to much without my tank, people who just walk around with a minigun in their hand as a main weapon should be banned without a reason its lame and useless and not to talk about the annoying factor. i was playing vctf yesterday and like 3 to 4 people started minigunning me because they couldnt kill me ( couldnt with the miniguns either but thats not the point ) if people cant bring you down with skills they just spam minigun =) and it requires NO AIM at all , its not like its going in 1 line of bullets only the alt fire does that, the prim. shooting just spams on and around the target. so if so many people are saying its so good here i understand ut2k4 died =) newbs go play cod and screw that game up, my first and last post. KTNXBYE!!

-Ste-V

p.s

people like this kill the game =) talking about how great the minigun is, why dont you just go to CoD and never come back to ut2k4.

and you suck, talking about how good the minigun is, its even ur picture you should fo aswell noob. im sure you cant kill **** without ur mini , now go hide in ur corner ****ing cockroach.
    Quoted entirely because every single sentence (or lack thereof) is a prime example of the insecure virtual ******* contest drivel that I've come to expect from self-proclaimed "competative" (SIC) players.

Given the choice between going to "competative" hell and n00b hell, I'd rather go to n00b hell. The n00bs can be taught not to heal the core, but these "competative" people cannot be helped.

Comment

Hmm... I was going to make a come-back post at Ste-V, but considering that his post was already warned and everybody else has already had a stab at him, I'm satisfied

Back to the topic:

One thing I'd link to see in the link prime's future is just a small area of splash damage. This would make it even more effective in tight situations and also seems quite appropriate in complementing the projectiles themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
        And...

Quoted entirely because every single sentence (or lack thereof) is a prime example of the insecure virtual ******* contest drivel that I've come to expect from self-proclaimed "competative" (SIC) players.

Given the choice between going to "competative" hell and n00b hell, I'd rather go to n00b hell. The n00bs can be taught not to heal the core, but these "competative" people cannot be helped.
        You really don't see the big picture like more ppl here on this forum. Abusing/ spamming is just not the way UT is ment to be played. I like teamwork and tactics, i don't think that i am a one man's army. I don't say that someone who uses a mini gun is a noob, but it is so annoying when you have so many minigunners behind your ***, and there are some ppl that are only cappable of using a minigun without even trying to kill you with some other weapon that ut offers. Go play vctf sometime and you will see what i mean.
        I can't stand ppl who are saying that the minigun is a weapon that requires lot of skill cuz is doesn't, and the ppl that say it is easier to use weapons where you have to time your shots cuz it isn't. The mini gun is a good finisher in my opinion. I wish some ppl would do more effort to make this community better, less lame, less spammy, less mass deff. Never noticed how many players left UT2004 ? So many times a see ppl who are hunting me from base to base, i mean that is just sick. I never said that i'm a pro or what so ever. Only said that the mini is the most skill less weapon off all, and it is. If i look at every weapon that is in the game, the minigun is the easiest to use off all and the most overused weapon when playing vctf especially. I like all the weapons that UT offers unlike some ppl who i see playing online. Read before you flame my *** again omg.

BTW LINK PRIM OWNZ

Comment

You really don't see the big picture like more ppl here on this forum. Abusing/ spamming is just not the way UT is ment to be played. I like teamwork and tactics, i don't think that i am a one man's army. I don't say that someone who uses a mini gun is a noob, but it is so annoying when you have so many minigunners behind your ***, and there are some ppl that are only cappable of using a minigun without even trying to kill you with some other weapon that ut offers. Go play vctf sometime and you will see what i mean.
          I can't stand ppl who are saying that the minigun is a weapon that requires lot of skill cuz is doesn't, and the ppl that say it is easier to use weapons where you have to time your shots cuz it isn't. The mini gun is a good finisher in my opinion. I wish some ppl would do more effort to make this community better, less lame, less spammy, less mass deff. Never noticed how many players left UT2004 ? So many times a see ppl who are hunting me from base to base, i mean that is just sick. I never said that i'm a pro or what so ever. Only said that the mini is the most skill less weapon off all, and it is. If i look at every weapon that is in the game, the minigun is the easiest to use off all and the most overused weapon when playing vctf especially. I like all the weapons that UT offers unlike some ppl who i see playing online. Read before you flame my *** again omg
          I can't help it. I have to debate this:

Red: I am the same.

Blue: If you have a whole gang trying to take you down, you're going to die almost no matter what weapon they're using.

Combining Red and Blue: Having multiple people collaborate and use a weapon that deals consistent damage all at once? Sounds like a **** good tactic to me.

Green: I assume you believe the minigun is the cause of all the people still playing UT99?

Orange: That's an opinion. What's more, that's an opinion supported with absolutely no factual reasons or examples.

Purple: But is it the easiest to kill with?

Light Blue: Ahem, need I remind you who started the flaming? You.

Comment

AL777

This should be green : I wish some ppl would do more effort to make this community better, less lame, less spammy, less mass deff. Never noticed how many players left UT2004 ? I didn't say minigun in that sentence did i ?

Orange and purple : When you have a lot off ppl behind you shooting you with the minigun in open maps, then YES. You can call mass deff also a tactic if everyone thought like that. But is it fun to play ?

Comment

I didn't say minigun in that sentence did i ?
              Based on the topic it was implied... and besides: if you weren't talking about the mini, the statement was irrelevant.

When you have a lot off ppl behind you shooting you with the minigun in open maps, then YES. You can call mass deff also a tactic if everyone thought like that. But is it fun to play ?
              Yes, seeing as getting owned is all part of the fun.

Comment

AL777

This should be green : I wish some ppl would do more effort to make this community better, less lame, less spammy, less mass deff. Never noticed how many players left UT2004 ? I didn't say minigun in that sentence did i ?

Orange and purple : When you have a lot off ppl behind you shooting you with the minigun in open maps, then YES. You can call mass deff also a tactic if everyone thought like that. But is it fun to play ?
                people left ut2003/2004 because it was a horrible game to begin with, redeming feat was Ons for UT2004, Mini in UT is twice as deadly as the UT2004 Mini is...

Comment

Abusing/ spamming is just not the way UT is ment to be played.
                  :eek2:

Now I've heard everything....

I'm not getting into the flame war, and I've already said my peice about the minigun in past threads. But I think complaining about the minigun is silly. It's the third or fourth most effective weapon, but the Flak, RL and Shock are more versatile weapons and are more powerful in the long run. It's the fourth weapon in my weaponlist, too.

Now, I can understand the Stinger coming out and putting tracers for the gunfire, just like I hope something similar is done for the Sniper Rifle, but I don't want the franchise to lose a pinnacle weapontype. A namechange with some feature changes is fine (enter the Stinger), but we need something to fill that slot.

Comment

You really don't see the big picture like more ppl here on this forum. Abusing/ spamming is just not the way UT is ment to be played.
                    LoL, I stopped there. I think you forgot to add IMHO. I try my best to spam every weapon in the game because that IS how UT was ment to be played. Oh yeah, I almost forgot... IMHO

Comment

LOL, yeah, some guys are just SO **** GOOD...

hehe, IMHO only noobs play vctf

I'm out. LOVE THE LINK

EDIT: LMAO, just seen this quote, and love it:
                      __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

"Spam is an art. Don't let some hitscan elitist fool you... especially if you are winning."
                      -Willhaven

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
                      :heart:

Comment

Abusing/ spamming is just not the way UT is ment to be played.
                        Would you call that a fact or just your opinion?

What if I told you that UT99, widely regarded as the game with the best gameplay - also being the game that Epic wants to recapture, has LOADS of spam? In UT99, I could dominate games by spam alone!

If you don't like being spammed, do what I do: don't run into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                          Would you call that a fact or just your opinion?

What if I told you that UT99, widely regarded as the game with the best gameplay - also being the game that Epic wants to recapture, has LOADS of spam? In UT99, I could dominate games by spam alone!

If you don't like being spammed, do what I do: don't run into it.
                          I like the way this guy thinks.

To the people who hate the mini and who also hate spamage:
                          1. spam is fun. It always has been, and always will be.
                          2. if you get killed by spam, it's partialy your fault.
                          3. if you keep getting killed by spam under the same circumstances you really need to re-think your stratigy.
                          4. if you're arguing about how the mini is used in gametypes other than DM/TDM then the arguement should be about bad map design.
                          5. don't hate the spammer, hate the spam.
                          6. if you can't beat them, join them. this game is about equal opportunity and you should take advantage of it.
                          7. epic is replacing the mini so why argue about it.

All of this is IMHO...
                          RD

Comment

Spam is also risky to the person firing. I've been killed quite a number of times with Flak and rocket explosions, Flak backfire, etc. But I've also used their AoE splash damage to great effect, around corners, etc.

Comment

Working...
                            X