The controversial link primary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The controversial link primary

Hey, I'd like to hear everyone's view on link primary. For a while now it's been my favourite weapon because of it's substantial damage when landing a few consecutive hits, and it's ability to suppress (or, "spam" I guess) areas.

I feel it takes a *lot* more aim, prediction, and obviously leading, than mini. Getting 2-3 consecutive hits on someone liftjumping or dodging down a hallway not only requires you to lead and shoot at one fixed point like with rocket or flak, but to continously predict a path and it's speed, using projectiles which don't even move at a fixed speed but accellerate.

Problem is, I get a *lot* of grief for using it online. The past week I've been "forcibly removed" from 2 servers because of it, and people refuse to play LMS if I start using it.
    I always thought the general perception of link primary was that it was useless, underpowered, too slow, and only to be used if you have no other weapons. But the minute I get a rampage or something, it's overpowered, spammy, takes no "skill", and the reason nobody uses it is because of it's said blatant overpoweredness.

Usually I don't mind people complaining about spam weapons as it's pretty common, but playing online just isn't fun when I land a really satisfying link kill and there's a 50% chance I'll get some kind of grief for it. "You can use it if you want, but you won't get any respect" is a response I've gotten a couple of times when I ask what's the problem with it.
    Hey, I'll agree that spamming it randomly down a hallway junction where I know someone is going to appear doesn't take "skillz", but if it nets me a point, why shouldn't I do it? Wouldn't it be a lack of skill to *not* make the decision to do it?

Is there really a "gentleman's rule" on it and that's why nobody uses it? As mentioned just above, I'm usually oblivious to spam complainers, but it's just not fun when I know people get upset about me using it.

People are stupidly creating rules about spam, camping and stuff.

But then its getting stupid, for every weapons someone will complain. Simply because they can't kill you with it, they get ****** and can say whatever you can think off.

Kicking or banning people for that is even more of a sign on how stupid the host is...

Seriously, continue to use it to **** people off, and for the stupid host, well there are no way to solve that, but meh...

*long live the link gun*

Comment

I never knew it was controversial. never heard anyone complain about link spam, but they will always always complain about mini, rox, or flak.

imo the secondary beam is more "controversial" but I never hear complaints about that either.

If you use it a lot, and usually with the same people, then that is the problem right there.. but nobody has a right to dictate what weapon you use, and kicking someone from a server for using ANY weapon is very immature and just proves they suck.

Comment

ps. did you make the graphic yourself, or who?

Comment

lol... link primary overpowered

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy
            kicking someone from a server for using ANY weapon is very immature and just proves they suck.
            Couldn't have said it better myself. I tend to practice with one or two weapons on any given map. I've been booted off a couple of servers for 'overuse' of link primary. I'm ashamed to say I added the players to buddy list and took great delight in chasing them down with link primary on several occasions over the followng few weeks

must get out more.

Comment

Man link primary owns! Especially if you are getting help from a teammate, I say **** the whiners and keep on shootin! :up:

Comment

Link Prime =
                Link Alt = :sour:

Comment

You're either the best link primary user in the world, or the people you're killing with it are horrible newbs. :bulb:

Comment

They're just jealous of your mad skills. Use whatever you want in any way you want. If someone else dies because of it, it's really their fault.

Everybody hates one weapon or another. It usually ends up being the weapon they can't kill anybody with.

Comment

Originally posted by -=¤willhaven¤=-
                      They're just jealous of your mad skills. Use whatever you want in any way you want. If someone else dies because of it, it's really their fault.

Everybody hates one weapon or another. It usually ends up being the weapon they can't kill anybody with.
                      Well said.:up: Keep using it. People are better with certain weapons and tend to avoid using the ones they're not so good with. That's what irritates them. When you get good with all the weapons, beware the hate chat coming your way you big fat cheater.

Comment

there is no such thing as camping or spam...if it is in the game and it is not a hack,and everyone can do it then it is all good .You are playing with people who are jealous or have no skillz and worse have no sportsmanship.forget them keep up the good work and if it works for you then you use it...

Comment

A few weeks ago I killed some guy with the link primary and I see "Come on, who uses link primary?"

"Uh, I do apparently."

:haha:

Comment

Originally posted by -=¤willhaven¤=-

:haha:

Comment

I don't think I quite understand, why do you care what people over the internet that you don't know think of your "skillz"? I get told that I flack spam a lot, but when I do, I just laugh and do it more. Because hey, in the end, it's not the "elite" guy with the LG who wins, it's me and my flack "spam".

Comment

Working...
                              X