Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So why do the SPMA's not work???

I can't aim these *#$&ing things.
    I have tried like a hundred times, the bots always can hit a mosquitoe's **** in mid-air. The bots can always exactly hit whatever they want, no matter if it's 20-feet away or at the edge of the SPMA's range. If it's in range, they can drop a shell exactly on it, if they have a "floating-beacon" thing in the air or not.
    WHENEVER I try to use one of these things, the EXACT same thing happens: I get the floating-shell thing, and then the screen says "use forward/back and strafe to aim",,,,,,, and the crosshair is RED and if I press left-right I usually can't see it at all. If I press forward-reverse, I see it red as it INSTANTLY flies upwards or downwards across the screen vertically. It's very rare that it ever turns green and is really controllable--but then it still doesn't seem to SHOOT WHERE I'M AIMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I fire a shot and then click-out of the crosshair-view, I can see that the shells I shot are way way overshooting where I had the green crosshair at. W-T-F?

I can't help but think that there must be something with these that is a trick, that I do not know.

How the f@#& do you aim this thing? Or does it just work perfect for bots and crappy for players???????????????

What maps do you play? Some maps it's really hard to use because the camera's view of your target is obscured by various superficial meshes, etc.

Comment

The SPMA was broken from the beginning. I hope they fix it, if they insist of bringing back that crappy piece of pure randomness in UT2k7.

Comment

yes TBH the SPMA is pretty much garbage.. I've had it working, but there are far more effective things one can be doing in a game. I'd only use it under rare rare circumstances. The satellite can be buggy as hell, when it gets stuck in a mesh it will just stay there blowing up forever.

Comment

Is it just me or is the handling too **** sensitive? :bulb:

Comment

It works best on flat maps with no obstructions. lol. I can finally use it OK, but I'm still not very good at it. If I'm having trouble, I move the vehicle itself, not the aim thing and that usually sorts it.

Comment

Never use it. The vehicle is even more useless than the scorpion and that is some acheavement.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef
                crappy piece of pure randomness
                Would you feel the same about the flak cannon if I told you the shards use a random spread? The SPMA is probably more accurate, relative to its range.

Comment

Originally posted by »madMar†y»
                  Never use it. The vehicle is even more useless than the scorpion and that is some acheavement.
                  The scorpion's energy rubber band gun thingy actually has a quite high damage output...

Comment

xyx: that's a dumb comparison.. its range is several hundred square feet, and the purpose of it is to be able to aim at a specific ground target within that range, and hit it, assuming it is not moving very much. it is not MEANT to be random. whatever randomness the flak shards have, they still shoot very much in the same small range and would hit the target either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                      Would you feel the same about the flak cannon if I told you the shards use a random spread? The SPMA is probably more accurate, relative to its range.
                      I know that. But then Flak is a close range weapon. And the damage per projectile is too high for only a few randomly spread projectiles on the SPMA. That'S not the case with Flak. SPMA should cover the area more equally with Flakshards.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo
                        The scorpion's energy rubber band gun thingy actually has a quite high damage output...
                        Yes that's true, but the vehicle itself (it's manouvrability) is useless.

Comment

Yea---someone else mentioned it, and the only times I have goten it to even appear to be working right is when the terrain is very flat. But the shots still don't seem to go where they're aimed. And the bots can still hit anything they want. :weird:
                          ~

Comment

If you playing off line your only able to get one shot off anyways because the bots can shoot the camera down with anything. I’ve seen them use rocket launcher, manta, tank before I even get my second shot off.out:

Just make sure there are no tall objects very close to your vehicle, other wise your targeting thing will be red no matter were you swing it. That’s its way of saying hey your going to hit that tree that is only ten yards away from your vehicle.

Comment

First off, if you know how to use it, the Scorpion is pretty good at dealing out the pain. A short fire bola on a Manta, it's done. Fully charged bola on a Goliath, almost does it in, making it easy for your teammates to take it out if the tank gets you first. Used on nodes with short fires, kills it quick once they start popping. The key is to know how to drive to avoid AVRiLs and tanks, and to be able to shoot and steer independantly, which takes practice. Every vehicle has it's strengths and weeknesses.

The SPMA is useful sometimes. I do agree that the steering is sensitive, but that's in comparison to the other ground vehicles. Best way to use it is behind something. The difficult thing to get used to is moving your view and target area. Viewing at certain angles helps setting the target area. Don't hold the direction keys, it moves fast, just tap around to get it to hold green. And if anyone comes to get you on foot, switch to second seat which is almost exactly like the Bender's. It takes some getting used to, just like all the vehicles. At the very least it's a transport.

Comment

Working...
                              X