Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by F@hr3nh3!T
    I was playing Instagib CTF with low grav air control; we were 3-0 to the good. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a player double dodging high up on the walls with my flag. I lined up my shot and BOOM down the flag drifted towards the earth...

Anticipating the landing I prepared my translocator to return the flag, I waited to fire... when... all of a sudden the player I had just killed translocated, caught the flag in mid air and went on to score!

I watched with absolute amazement as he flew past fragging all the way!

At that exact moment I realised that I love this game. I love this game not just for the whole polished package, but for the little sparks of genius that only a number of players see at one time during a game...

It's a beautiful thing!

I invite you all to share some of the greatest sights when playing the prodigy that is; Unreal Tournament 2004 :heart:
    :up:

...him who feels this kinda love can
    understand what touches my heart

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bridge of Fate. Two minutes left. Scores tied 2-2 out of 3. I'm on defense. Get shock comboed out of nowhere. Flag is taken...

I saw that the carrier was heading out the flak side. I tried to ambush him in the LG stairwell. Unfortunately, I end up eating 3 rockets. I desperately try to translocate my way back to confronting him. He makes it across the bridges and into his base. I shock prime one of his defenders right before he enters the building. On my way in, I grab the 100 shield and make my way to intercept in their flag room. I combo one defender along the way. I ended up losing track of the carrier. Finally, I saw him again... in the flag room... assisted by four defenders... about 5 yards away from scoring the winning capture. I launch a desperate translocator right at their flag. Success! I took their flag, literally BUMPING INTO the enemy carrier. I get hit by two flak blasts, running down all my shield. One of my team's attackers manages to kill the carrier as I make my way through the tight hallway into the rocket room, all through a fury of fire from the four defenders. I pull a shock combo on a retriever coming through the hallway. One down. Then, in the bottom left of my screen, the death messages report bad news. All the attackers that were assisting me just got owned. Oh boy. Three enemies on my tail, half health, and no support. They start trying to translocate in front of me in shock hallway, but I manage to escape into LG room and launch a tri rocket spiral into one of their heads. Two left. I get back outside to the bridge and am confronted by a defender that just translocated in front of me. After a quick tango, I end up snuffing him with a shock core. One left. I successfully make it across the bridge and into my base, wondering what happened to the 4th retriever. I'm still alone. I enter the flag room. As if it is deja vu all over again, I get deemered by the final retriever about 5 yards from scoring the winning capture. With all the luck in the world, though, he got caught in his own blast and didnt retrieve the flag. I respawn in the flak room, pick the enemy flag back up, and climb the stairs to a miraculous, stupidly close victory.

Feel the love :heart:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, I just got kicked off a server for using link primary. Feel the love.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Unreal... Feel the love...

Unreal... Feel the love...

I was playing Instagib CTF with low grav air control; we were 3-0 to the good. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a player double dodging high up on the walls with my flag. I lined up my shot and BOOM down the flag drifted towards the earth...

Anticipating the landing I prepared my translocator to return the flag, I waited to fire... when... all of a sudden the player I had just killed translocated, caught the flag in mid air and went on to score!

I watched with absolute amazement as he flew past fragging all the way!

At that exact moment I realised that I love this game. I love this game not just for the whole polished package, but for the little sparks of genius that only a number of players see at one time during a game...

It's a beautiful thing!

I invite you all to share some of the greatest sights when playing the prodigy that is; Unreal Tournament 2004 :heart:
Working...
X