Unreal... Feel the love...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zounds:
    I really enjoy them cause it demonstrates that UT is not the fragging-only place ala "score or you are not good enough for this community". No, it says that you can also have fun with it, and I have to laugh everytime someone is bored enough to say "you *****" (this female voice prerecorded stuff) because he obviously likes that term or whatever ^^
    I find it simply fascinating how many facets of weirdness are out there. For example: One guy loads a bunch of spidermines on the hud of his scorpion and afterwards drives like a crazyass into people. I mean, wtf , this is the stuff I really care about; people who are bored enough to do things you never saw before!

Pros:
    As a matter of fact I can't be one of them, cause I am limited to my natural given fraction-of-a-second-reactiontime. I see ppl killing me in instagib in the moment they dodge around the corner and I have really no explanation of how they do that. Its not a moment where I feel "love", its just a moment where I say to myself "this is ******* awesome".

Community:
    I never found a quite good help for this game. The booklet was 35 pages long and left me with thousands of unanswered questions. But the fact is, that the people here (I don't want to make a list here, but everybody knows them) who are really willing to share their mostly self-trained knowledge with a.e. me, a guy how wants to know more about viewing demos, are one key to this game. The every week returning "Weekend Desktop Thread" for example, you can't beat him to death, but this is a part of this community, sharing knowledge and experience. And I tell you, I found some good looking women in there :up:

UT itself:
    I can only speak for myself but when I hear "Headshot" or "multi kill" it is something you definitly want to hear again, cause it is
    Such teasers or acoustical awards have a better not underestimated impact on me.
    The manner how UT (as a MP-game) is designed in its usability is outstanding. Nearly everything is there, where you need it. You can nearly config everything you want to work so.
    "Config the key "p" to change to shield gun, altfire to bottom so acting as a bumper in a jump, after releasing the key you change back to previous weapon".
    I mean, is that a configuration of a key, or what ?
    The things what you hear and see in-game are exactly what I want to hear and see, in a MP-game. Constantly informing me of the status. It could be better, but there has to be something left for improving the next version ^^

So for short:
    - crazyness
    - absolute magnificent moves (sadly only by others :noob: )
    - a community who is willing getting involved into solving problems of others
    - and fabulous nearly flawless design of the game
    is for me the key in really loving this game!

ad Community:
    I can only speak for Halo, cause I played that long enough before I discoverd 2k4 and in Halo is sharing hatred and jealousy obviously on the daily list of todos. Halo's design as a slow-paced shooter places it more into having chats than fighting against eachother. So the event is more chatting than playing with sideeffects you can imagine.

Puh, I guess I wouldn't read my own msg cause its so long, but that was all to say

Comment

Originally posted by NoTicket
      Also, I completely agree with you, it's moments like that that really make this game shine. When I first got in to UT2k4 I pretty much just pubbed ONS. And at one point I became a Raptor pubstar. I was in a duel with another Raptor on Torlan (of course it was Torlan) and we were goin at it for like half a minute or so. I landed a few plasma rounds on him and he charged me. Well, I started going for some elevation as we both fired off rockets at each other. I bailed from my Raptor and he bailed from his at the perfect time to put his raptor about 30 feet (yeah, I'm trying to think of what it would have been in RL) right underneath me as I was falling. And my rocket ended up going and hitting some Manta that was passing by. So, seeing the opportunity to be James Bond, I whipped out my shield gun and aimed for the top of the Raptor. I prayed I could live through it because HOL EEE SHEET would it be awesome. After about a 3 second freefall I land right on top of the Raptor and jam on my middle mouse button (that's my Enter/Exit/Activate button) and I'm in RIGHT before it hits the ground and crushes the guy who bailed from it... God that was so awesome looking back at it.
      Excellent experience dude! I couldn't help but hum the James Bond theme tune as I read the tale! :haha:

Great stuff!

Feel the love :heart:

Comment

Originally posted by R3mark
        I mean, wtf , this is the stuff I really care about; people who are bored enough to do things you never saw before!
        I once watched a player try to "Bloodbath" himself with a translocator, he was there for well over twenty minutes... I got bored and left, however, it was funny for a while!

Its not a moment where I feel "love", its just a moment where I say to myself "this is ******* awesome".
        We all love in different ways, embrace it!

The every week returning "Weekend Desktop Thread" for example, you can't beat him to death, but this is a part of this community, sharing knowledge and experience. And I tell you, I found some good looking women in there
        The community aspect of the game is strong; I have made 'friends' (I cringe at this type of honesty :bulb: ), but when you think about it, you can spend night after night with people talking on teamspeak and learn so much about them without ever meeting them.

I can only speak for myself but when I hear "Headshot" or "multi kill" it is something you definitly want to hear again, cause it is
        Such teasers or acoustical awards have a better not underestimated impact on me.
        It borders on addiction trying to get the satisfaction of a "Headshot" call out, and anything higher than "multikill" comes close as well!

The manner how UT (as a MP-game) is designed in its usability is outstanding. Nearly everything is there, where you need it. You can nearly config everything you want to work so.
        "Config the key "p" to change to shield gun, altfire to bottom so acting as a bumper in a jump, after releasing the key you change back to previous weapon".
        I mean, is that a configuration of a key, or what ?
        The perfect example to highlight the layers and depth UT2004 spawns; layers, perhaps like an onion, or a scab that regenerates every day after a fresh pick!

Puh, I guess I wouldn't read my own msg cause its so long, but that was all to say
        My brain hurts!

Great explanation,

Feel the love :heart:

Comment

clicky

that was one of the funnest games i've ever had. those of you that might have seen me play probably realize i suck something fierce.

my score wasn't the highest, and one of their teammates left before i could get a screenie. so the screenies don't reflect how good of a game it was.

what had happend: we were getting owned, 3 caps untouched, then we turned it around somehow... one special moment was when i was waiting for our flag to get returned. I fought off one guy, killed him. Then our flaged got returned, i started heading into the flag area through one of them narrow halls. A red turned the corner, i spamed some shock combos down the hall while retreating. Missed him, he poped outta the hallway while i jumped onto the stairs, to run. Then i got a "you killed"message(killed dude with our flag) so i decided to fight off this guy. Well i got him with a shock core, so i went and returned the flag. Right when i was about to cap, boom. a guy jumped between me and the flag, and i got flak in the face... it filled me with many emotions, but i was still having fun...

in the screenie you'll notice i had 9 health, heh. I ran from some dude to cap that for the gamepoint...

Comment

Working...
          X