Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

homemade mousepad for optical mouse... how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I just use cheap $1 mousepads with a cloth surface - they feel really good to me surprisingly. I just need one a little larger since I sometimes run out of room.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My mousepad has cartoon dinosaurs on it, and something about "PC playing and learning".
    I also have a ball mouse, cause I'm old skool that way.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RoadKillGrill
    a selfhealing cutting mat works nice, pick one up at a craft store.

That's what I use too.

I agree that optical mice don't "NEED" texture, but I think friction makes for better accuracy though during game play. Too slick of a surface for me makes aiming more difficult.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Manzani
    I use a 1600-dpi optical mouse, and I've never had a problem with this mousing surface...

This mouse can work on a CD. :weird:
    That was my point; while you see little to no texture on a CD or piece of paper, your mouse can definitely see texture to track off of.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sir Nevets
    I use nothing but a wooden table.

It's smooth but it still got lot's of texture...gotta love wood
    Yeah, I used to just use my wooden PC desk aswell.

If you still need items for a mouse pad, try a text book, like Math or History.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i just use the mousepad ive been using for years. i got tired of tracking errors on my wooden desk and it glides fine for me cause ive got a razer diamondback plasma with the teflon feet and stuff. mousepad really doesnt change much.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dude for $8 I bought a huge 2ft by 2ft mouse pad at fry's but if you don't want to even shell out $8 bucks. Then you can practically use anything... My buddy through some laminated wood type paper over the top of a metal square he cut out of an old desk. *blamo* mouse pad... hehehe...

So just look around the house and see what you got...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use my old fabric Duke 3D mouse pad that came with Duke3D... Atomic edition. (I think that was the version it came in). I used to use a steelish plastic mouse pad but this one is bigger.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Piece of paper.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't use a mousepad at home or at work, though a handy tip one of my work collegues gave me, get two of the clear plastic CD envelopes, put em together on your desk and place your optical mouse on top of them, now you have a super slick movement with next to no friction but still fully working mouse

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use a fabricly mouse pad with a nice gel wrist you can poke when it takes ages to download a map from a server 2000 kilometres away.
    Otherwise, i wouldnt use one at all (this is with an mx500, the pad gives it friction)

If you want really smooth, silicon spray your wood desk and it will be really smooth, and will glide over the surface very easy.
    A brand new waxy desk has the same effect

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I hate mouse pads, i honestly have never seen the benifits in using one. All they do is bother me.

desktop ftw!

Leave a comment:

• replied

I just use the desktop at work. I hate having a mousepad, but a mousepad at home is a small price to pay for having a cool metal and glass desk.

Leave a comment:

• replied

I like wood for ease of use, but it grinds the feet off of my mouse. I'm currently using a fabric covered Scooby-Doo mouse pad, and it's working pretty well :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use a sheet of 2mm thick aluminium with my MX510 - it was only a few quid and works really well indeed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X