No announcement yet.

All Pro Gamer all stock maps for now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also for the fact I will never play on a server unless it runs UT Comp.
    I gotta have my "tink tink tonk" sound when I am fraggin'.
    That sound is addicting, and puts more enjoyment into the game for me.

We will be taking 04 down soon, and put 07 up on it when it comes out.

Now my friend runs custom maps for CS:S, and as I type this, 34 out of 34 are playing now.
    http://www.allprogamer.com/monitor.html

That is where I also look to see if there are any in UT, or on my web admin page for UT.

Comment

If you want a nice busy server, you can always try 5v5 TDM ws on server. We can use another one of those (we only have purgatory and fractionary! )

Comment

too bad too (for me) cuz that ping rox for me. This must be Seattle (I live in Gig Harbor).

Comment

The server is in the Seattle Westin hotel, major Internet backbone for the Pacific Northwest.

I guess that hotel has Comcast and and many other broadband providers major backbones running through it.

Servers are not cheap either.
          I think his service is 100 megabit of bandwidth, I know it is high.
          Runs around $100 or $120 per month.
          It is worth it to him, he is really into CS:S.

We just put UT on it as a hobby for me to mess around with.

Comment

It takes time to fill up a server but one thing is sure; the admin must be online and active 6-8 hours a day in the first few weeks or months. Visitors must be welcomed and and they must feel accepted in your growing group of clients.

Once you have some credibility among your clients, you can start to add new stuff but slowly. Very slowly. And keep your server standard by not adding crappy mutator or mods.

Anyway, the main ingredient to get a crowded server is to invest TIME in it and lot of it. My 2ยข.

Comment

I guess we will let the UT 2004 part go by the way side then.
              I can not spend that amount of time on it.

I am the owner/admin of the worlds biggest all Toyota 4Runner and truck forum, and believe me, that keeps me very very busy with close to 13K members.

Comment

I find bots turn people away from servers, leave 'em out. Leave out the mutators too.
                I find keeping ya server on a very specific setting helps. ie just CTF or just TDM or whatever, people put servers in their faves and expect it to be the same when they look again!

GL!

Comment

Ooops, I forgot to mention too why my friends CS:S server is so popular and full all the time.

All of the moderators on his forum are also admins in the game.
                  They love, play, eat, sleep the game.

Also if you are a noob, do not even try to play.
                  His server is mainly for pros, and if you get caught doing friendly fire to often of dissin' an admin on there, or other **** (trying to cheat), your Steam ID is banned.

They take the game very seriously, and police the server 24/7.
                  So I guess that is what keeps it full all the time.
                  He has even ran a 2nd CS:S on there, and it let those who joined it be put into the other game automaticaly.
                  He has tried all sorts of things on in, even ran a 64 slot, and it will fill up instantly.

Comment

OK, one more experiment coming tonight if I get the time.

1. Bots will all come off, well except for maybe just one to have one there to play with until another human joins, then it will be tow humans, no bots, then more humans as more join in.

2. Stock maps are still all that is in rotation, the gigabyte or more of the bonus packs and UCMPs custom maps are there, but out of rotation.

3. UT Comp will stay on, as I like the bright skins feature, as my old eyes can see the players easier this way, and after all, I do play on the server.
                    4. Bighead mutator will come off.

5. Low grav will stay, those who whine about it can play somewhere else.

If more people begin to populate this fast low ping server here in WA. state, and if there is interest, I can set some of you up with admin privileges to access the webadmin panel to help moderate the server as in kicking off cheaters and other stuff, and trying to keep the server populated.

If I can access the webadmin panel from work (I forget the part that comes after the IP addy, and I do not have the bookmark here at work) I will try to set it up now.

PS, I was able to access it from work, and there is now just one bot, no bighead mutator.

Comment

Originally posted by CoreyT
                      Low gravity is on as this is a fantasy game after all, and many have said they like it.
                      If you want realism, go play BF2 or play a game of CS:S on the All Pro Gamer server.
                      Wow. Who are you and why are you here? :weird: :bulb:

Comment

No disrespect, but why the hell would I want low-g on??? Just because its a fantasy game means nothing, hell CSS isn't realistic. You go carry a side are, a rifle and ammo and go running across a map and tell me that you don't get tired or can jump all day. Any successful UT server runs low-g off.

Low-G = :down: :down: :down:

Comment

Originally posted by shadowhaxor
                          No disrespect, but why the hell would I want low-g on??? Just because its a fantasy game means nothing, hell CSS isn't realistic. You go carry a side are, a rifle and ammo and go running across a map and tell me that you don't get tired or can jump all day. Any successful UT server runs low-g off.

Low-G = :down: :down: :down:
                          not really.. all weaps maybe, but gib has a few full servers that are all lowg

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey_Reloaded
                            Wow. Who are you and why are you here? :weird: :bulb:
                            You want some wine with that cheese

Comment

Working...
                            X