Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Pro Gamer all stock maps for now

Greetings.
    Some of you have played on the server I co run called All Pro Gamer.
    We have a site at www.allprogamer.com with games stats, a forum, and a page I put up of the needed 1 GB of maps to play UT 2004.
    Things are changing.

First hardly anyone has played except for me and a few friends on weekend nights.
    The games is mostly empty since no one wants to sit and wait to download one of the many custom maps I have put up on the server.
    Both of Epics Community Bonus Packs are there, as well as UCMPs 2 packs.
    All the extra custom packs have some very excellent maps in them, and I spent countless hours testing them all out and putting on the server the best of the best.

My friend Andy's Counter Strike Source server is mostly full 24/7.
    It is a 34 slot server, and his game is ranked number 17 right now out of all of them.
    http://www.game-monitor.com/GameServer/69.90.135.186:27015/

That is pretty good, but running UT at the same time with an empty game was of concern to him.
    We also run TeamSpeak 24/7, plus the forum there.
    Well, he took down UT last week, but for now it is up and I am doing an experiment.
    I have gone to all stock maps only, this way no one needs to download any bonus packs.
    The only thing the server will push to you is UT Comp 1.6a, and perhaps Santa Hats since that is run around the holidays.

I also took Instagib only play off for both TDM and CTF.

Here is what we are offering currently:
    TDM with all weapons
    TDM with Flak Cannon only
    CTF with all weapons
    CTF with Flak Cannon only

Also Assault and Onslaught are loaded if anyone feels like it.

The first 4 game styles above can be accessed by anyone playing by using the drop down box in map voting by hitting Esc.
    For mutators I have on:
    Low gravity
    Big head
    Game speed

Also 6 bots are on stand by at all times.
    Many have said they do not like bots, but no one is going to join an empty server, so they are only there until humans join.
    For each human who joins, a bot will exit the game.

Low gravity is on as this is a fantasy game after all, and many have said they like it.
    If you want realism, go play BF2 or play a game of CS:S on the All Pro Gamer server.

If you tried this server in the past but were turned off by needing to get all of the maps, please give it a try again.
    This is a very fast server located in the Westin Hotel in downtown Seattle on a fast pipe.
    I average 15 for my ping.

To try out the server to see if you like the speed and overhaul I have done to it, here is the IP.
    For those of you in the Pacific Northwest of the USA, you should see good pings.

When UT 2007 comes out, it will more than likely end up on the server as well.

good way to **** your server i guess

Comment

Run a 3 map rotation of Rankin, Deck, and Grendle, no mapvote. Guaranteed to fill your server up, but if you're like me you'll die of boredom. One of the reasons I no longer run servers for this game.

Comment

Meh, I'd much rather play a solid map rotation than lowgrav-bighead-gamespeed-flak arena. Thanks for giving all of us a place to play, though. Server owners always get a :up: .

Comment

I may try turning off the map voting thing, but having only 3 maps would get pretty darm boring.

I play the heck out of the game on the server during the weekends, and I would die of bordom if there was only a few maps.

Low gravity?
          I am an old man and can not jump and dodge like you youngsters.
          Playing the game for me releaves stress and provides me a way to relax during the weekends.
          Being able to jump high with low gravity makes me feel good in the game.
          If I wanted realism, I would not be even playing UT.

I see only about 2 tested out the server today.
          For those who did, I hope the ping was low for you.

And the Flak Arena?
          You have the choice to switch to all weapons via map vote.
          I prefer the Flak though.
          The announcer tells me I am a flak monkey

Comment

Originally posted by nightstormer
            Run a 3 map rotation of Rankin, Deck, and Grendle, no mapvote. Guaranteed to fill your server up, but if you're like me you'll die of boredom. One of the reasons I no longer run servers for this game.
            you forgot another couple overplayed ones. campgrounds and goliath.

Comment

Originally posted by CoreyT
              I may try turning off the map voting thing, but having only 3 maps would get pretty darm boring.
              Oh I agree, it is. But that is what people want, and I was just suggesting what is pretty much guaranteed to get you more players.

I just checked your server monitor page. The CS:S server has 34/34 players, UT2004 has a big fat goose egg, lol. I went through the same thing: ran a terrific TAM/AM/DM server with the most interesting, coolest custom maps going along with all the standard maps with mapvote. All compressed and redirected content for super fast downloads, no goofy mutators (i ran whitelisted stuff only), super ping. No players. I would watch the stupid demo servers and one map wonders stay full 24/7. Just how it is I'm afraid. :bulb:

You could always stop wasting time trying to run servers and just play VCTF at Fat Jimmy's like the rest of us.

Comment

Yeah, my friend had even ran 2 34 player slots and it fills, and he even ran a 64 slot and it filled.
                His CS:S is full just about all the time.

I may end up playing on another server soon like you mentioned.
                Better than "fake hosting" a game on my own machine against bots I guess.

I have your Xmas server bookmarked in my faves where I access my server to get on.
                I noticed yours was down.

It seems UT is fading away, even with as good a game as it is.
                I am even thinking of taking up and start playing WOW.
                Both my sons have accounts, and it is on all the PCs here at my place.

At least there are a ton playing that game.

Comment

Just put up a TAM server. TAM pwnz.

Comment

Realistically speaking, you can't expect a server which caters for your very specific preferences to have many people playing on it...

(Having votable gametypes/play etc doesn't really count if those said specific gameplays are default)

Comment

Low grav sux.

Comment

Originally posted by CoreyT
                        I have your Xmas server bookmarked in my faves where I access my server to get on.
                        I noticed yours was down.
                        Yeah, the Halloween and Xmas server I only run during the appropriate months (about 60 days each). They were fun to host though, and I have no complaints on the number of players they had. It would just be nice to be able to have that kind of turn out for a normal pub.

There are some very popular pubs out there, but they are becoming fewer and fewer. VCTF, for example, rarely has more than about 75 people playing at one time (globally across all servers). Besides FJ's and a few others, there isn't anything else out there. This game has become a small, dedicated following of niche players mostly. :sour:

Comment

Originally posted by »Xe.OceaN«
                          Just put up a TAM server. TAM pwnz.
                          there ya go i would not plAY WITH UT COMP BIGHEAD LOW GRAV just take all that off and play AM or tam..it will fill up..

Comment

"Many have said they do not like bots, but no one is going to join an empty server, so they are only there until humans join."

You do realize that even if there is a bot in there, the browser doesn't show it. In other words, the server looks empty if there are bots or not. For me, I will join empty servers (once they are established and I'm confident others will join). But if I join an "empty" server to be greeted by 5 bots, I'm out.

And low-grav turns me off too. Your affiliation with this and realism is kinda funny IMO. I mean if you like it, that's cool. But there is plenty of "unreal" elements to the game such that normal grav isn't exactly what I would call the swing factor to making it realistic.

Just my perspective which I imagine you wanted considering you posted this because you wanted more traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by EggSuckingLeech

Just my perspective which I imagine you wanted considering you posted this because you wanted more traffic.
                              I imagine he also posted because he was a wee bit fed up with the players.
                              I mean, we're the guys who always say how we just lo-ove custom stuff, how one of the great things about UT is how the community really puts the effort into expanding it, & then when he puts time, effort & I imagine, money, into running a server, hardly no-one bothers, sticking instead to the stock maps they all know, or that they don't have to download.

Anyone with a shred of decency couldn't possibly *want* to strip their server of fantastic content, & so reducing it the the level of basically a demo server in the name of survival must leave a bit of a bad taste in the mouth.

Just a guess of course, but I admit that if it were me, I'd be a bit annoyed.

Comment

Working...
                              X