new mobo - new sound problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new mobo - new sound problems

Well, I just got a new Intel 975xbx mobo. I'm using the onboard sound. Oddly, I now get little clicks when I just move the mouse around. Menus too. If I put into Safe Mode, the clicks go away but for some reason the sound is really delayed from the guns I fire (maybe a utcomp/newnet thing which I won't give up).

I downloaded the latest audio driver (Sigmatel). Whether I click the option to use the OpenAL driver or not makes no difference.

Any ideas? Thanks.

only idea i got is that somtimes sound wants an older driver. Check out the stickies from mobo manufactures forums, not the chipset manufactor. Like for instance i go to Abit, but not Via.

Comment

bump... After checking the Intel web site, I see this:

"Are you experiencing sound problems only with particular games or programs? If you notice sound problems such as stuttering voices and static on some games or programs but not others, check with the software vendor for a software patch."

Well, I guess I'm asking Epic. Is there anything I can do?

Comment

i think youll get results faster by just poping in a pci soundcard than you will by waiting for a patch. as i doubt theyll release one this late in the games life.

Comment

you could be right - but then I render my onboard sound (7.1, all the bells and whistles) useless. And music with the onboard sounds great.

Comment

Originally posted by EggSuckingLeech
            you could be right - but then I render my onboard sound (7.1, all the bells and whistles) useless.
            It happens. My motherboard has 7.1 sound as well, but I use a soundcard as well now because it refused to give proper sound with headphones plugged in. It's a shame too because my soundcard doesn't allow me to plug the headphones in at the front of my PC.

Comment

and its not possible to use the card for headphones and onboard for others right? I assumed you can only use one audio solution across the board...

Comment

Onboard sound has just reached the "okay" phase of its development. My DFI Expert went so far as to come with a fancy "Karajan audio module." Guess what? It still sucks compared to my ZS. Do yourself a favor, Egg. Chalk this up to experience and plug a soundcard in and be done with it. Maybe the next generation of onboard sound will be worth it.

Comment

Working...
                X