Long Startup times...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by >GA<AG
    The problem is the UT2004.ini file. Save your servers to another txt file, delete the ini file, let it load fresh. Redo all your settings, then copy and paste the servers back into your favs.

It will load as it did when you first installed the game. 512MiBs RAM, is very good, 3200 up gives me a 3 second loading time on everything. When the loading time goes to about 30 - 40 seconds, it's time to delete the UT2004.ini file.

Hope that works for you.

AG
    I have done that at least 15 times already. The thing is, i had long startup times from the beginning.

Comment

bOldTopicBump=True

Well, I haven't fixed this yet, but I will try installing with my friend's DVD and see if that works.

Comment

Originally posted by slime73
        bOldTopicBump=True

Well, I haven't fixed this yet, but I will try installing with my friend's DVD and see if that works.
        If that makes 0.001 performance difference, I will officially destroy my PC.
        Check my beginners thread in my sig, I wrote with 2 links that will help.

Comment

Originally posted by MysTikal
          If that makes 0.001 performance difference, I will officially destroy my PC.
          Check my beginners thread in my sig, I wrote with 2 links that will help.
          Doesn't hurt to try does it?
          As for the links, I had already tried the things in them a while ago (weird thing: There is no difference to my loading times whether I have Precaching on or off).

Comment

have you disabled the loading movie of the skarjj and the spider do that and it loads alot faster.... i forget how but one of these brainy guys will remember..

Comment

I did, and it loads the same speed as before

Comment

Working...
              X