Build me a pooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chimbaktu
    btw, 69 processes.....wtf? maybe that's your problem. rid your computer of spyware.
    Hahha yeah right.
    MS antispyware running full time auto protect
    Spybot search and destroy auto protect
    ad-aware scans weekly
    norton systemworks 2006 premier
    tons of other **** like camera connection rubbish, and other things making up more processes.
    You wouldnt believe boot time, we're looking at 8minutes before its usable, thanks to norton goback, which i plan to uninstall along with ghost because neither work due to so many HD errors, the reason why i want a new drive as well.
    I will clean it up after i upgrade, also it will benefit all the games i cant play because of HT tech.

Anyway, its not mainly for 2007, its because its over 2 years old and because my dad is going to america and will pick it all up when hes there in the first few months. Hopefully.
    Ignore 2007. I want performance for low cash, be able to play games over the next year or so on reasonable quality.

And anyone who mentions a 7800, can leave now, because my dad is paying for this, not me, so he isnt going to say yes to a $500 card when he probly wont spend over $1000. $800 is nice.
    Im going to have to fork out cash for the new SATA II drive i want, because he will say its uneccessary.

Thing is, if i buy new mb, i will need new processor and new graphics card, because both will be incompatible with my current. And thats what i want, so i may as well do it.

I may call it off until 2007 actually, but that will be decided after i get feedback and new part releases, and price changes.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen_wq
      Hahha yeah right.
      MS antispyware running full time auto protect
      Spybot search and destroy auto protect
      ad-aware scans weekly
      norton systemworks 2006 premier
      NORTON sucks....big time. a good 6 months ago or so i was running norton on my box, but yet my box kept getting slower and slower and funky things were happening to it. i "knew" in my heart i had to have some sort of viruses on my box yet i would do a full system complete scan with noton and it would tell me that i had nothing. fed up with the problem i downloaded Kaperskey virus scanner, ran it once and it found F*CKING 20!!!! trojans that norton either could not find or just over looked....u will never see norton software touch my box again. and since uninstalling norton and using other ativirus software programs i have not had an issue with viruses.

Comment

Yeah whatever, ive been going good with them since 2000.
        thats off topic anyway.

So does anyone have any advice??:up:

Comment

Working...
        X