New Unreal Tournament Revolution teaser video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Unreal Tournament Revolution teaser video

No download required, it is encoded into the Flash 8 player and will be the first thing that loads when you go here. I made the entire thing in about 8 hours this morning. Consider it a short demonstration for those who haven't tried the mod, and an experiment for me in video editing.

www.getutr.com

Looking really great... :up:

But: Did I just see Brightskins...???

Comment

This might actually convince me to run another UT2004 server. Can't wait for it to be finished! :heart: :up:

Comment

Fuegerstef: Since our final player models are not in yet, our temporary solution is to use skin overlays.. they are not as bright as UTComp brightskins. Anyway once the final models are in they will have their own skins in red, blue, green and yellow.

Comment

Wow! I _really_ love that video! And you have good music with it, and the way the webpage works with that video is awesome!

BTW is there a higher quality version of that video I can download? I want to show my friends.

Comment

Ultron: Sure, I have a 640x480 version and I can encode it nicer, but the raw footage won't have the frame borders or anything. I'll post again when it's up.

Comment

looking good!

flash 8 is awesome. thanks for making of use of the much improved video importing and making it easy and quick to watch a preview.

Comment

Hm. I'll install Flash8 later.

Comment

Wow the thing looks great , cant wait for those fast combos .

Even the original hud :O .

EDIT : WOW will there actually be no need to do some dodge jumps or things like that when you just want to move as fast as you can ?

Comment

lol WosP, the video in that section is sped up just a wee bit. I wouldn't take that as an accurate representation of combo or movement speed. the side by side bit should be accurate..

there is no need to do dodge jumps in UT/UTR but not necessarily for that reason.

1. maps are generally smaller
                    2. you can go over gaps and such with piston jumps
                    3. gameplay is meant to be more "in your face" and not so defensive.. with dodge jumps you just dance around and away from the enemy.

alright so here is the XVid AVI version, be warned I didn't really intend for it to be viewed at this size so you'll probably pick out some sloppy editing here and there. but the huge increase in quality is nice anyway for those who want it. Quicktime version coming too...

http://getutr.com/getutr_alpha_trailer.avi <-XviD 640x480

http://getutr.com/getutr_alpha_trailer.mov <-Quicktime 640x480

Comment

One thing, I suggest you make the gibs not use karma. Thats how it was in UT and I think it looks bloodier that way.

Comment

Bersy,
                        Off topic question, did you take an AVI and encode it into flash? If so how do you do that?

Comment

Looking good. Maybe I can unstall UT and just use this if it becomes popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Mostly_Harmless
                            Bersy,
                            Off topic question, did you take an AVI and encode it into flash? If so how do you do that?

whenever you import video into flash (any format), then you choose the quality settings and such (for encoding purposes). it's as simple as that. whenever you start a new .fla (flash file) just click import and then select your video file and flash does everything else. then you can export it into many different formats like a normal flash animation. you can use encoding programs to put an avi video into .swf (typical flash format) without ever touching the macromedia flash program itself. but the easiest way is just to open up flash and import the video. make sure the document size is the size you want (the video dimensions or bigger if you want to make a boarder).

flash 8 has much better video support than flash mx2004/mx.

Comment

Originally posted by chimbaktu
                              whenever you import video into flash (any format), then you choose the quality settings and such (for encoding purposes). it's as simple as that. whenever you start a new .fla (flash file) just click import and then select your video file and flash does everything else. then you can export it into many different formats like a normal flash animation. you can use encoding programs to put an avi video into .swf (typical flash format) without ever touching the macromedia flash program itself. but the easiest way is just to open up flash and import the video. make sure the document size is the size you want (the video dimensions or bigger if you want to make a boarder).

flash 8 has much better video support than flash mx2004/mx.

Ok I will look into that. I was looking for a way to convert a avi file to a flash movie that I can play on the web. But I have zero experience with flash. Thanks for the information. Do you know of any program that will export the avi into flash without using macromedia? I would like to try it before I buy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X