No announcement yet.

Merely Curious...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah.. You still can, but now you don't *have* to use dedicated server to use the mutator. Can't fix the VoIP..

Dicky B (still has a bug or two, but they're minor, and non-toxic)

Comment

I know, this was before I found this thread and I meant VoIP, not the mutator.

It's working in Instant Action now. Only thing is, every now and then it shows the bubble wrap for the PC. I'm not sure how it decides when to show the skin and when to not show the skin, but it doesn't usually seem to be for very long. Not a big deal, probably just one of the little bugs you mentioned in your PM.

Comment

Just tried this mut and it's pretty sweet. Is there anyway to create the teams so that they each only use one set? As in blue-mercs, red-hellions?

Comment

Just tried this mut and it's pretty sweet. Is there anyway to create the teams so that they each only use one set? As in blue-mercs, red-hellions?
          Just use bot roster.

Thanks again, this mut is simplicity at its best. Really would be nice (actually, perfect) to fix the human players getting bubbled though.

Many thanks.

Comment

bah.. it's still broken.. I was going to post earlier, but forums were down.

Dicky B (fixing it after I eat some pizza)

Comment

Heh, funny, I made a mutator like this a long time ago, it just disables teamskins.

Wait, I check if it's still up.

Edit.: don't have it here. Tomorrow you can have it. By now, that's in approximately 10 hours...

Porkmanji also made a mutator that can do this, but it also attaches shoulderlights to indicate teams. here

PS: @ Dicky B., you're gonna laugh (or cry) when seeing how simple it is :up:

Comment

Nah, just modify game rules to disable teamskins. (yeah, I know, why didn't I do that before?) The important thing here is, AL777 will get the proper mutator for the job, no matter who wrote it.

Dicky B (but then again, I needed something to do something more like this for something else, so it wasn't wasted time at all, I was just trying to toss one stone.. Turns out, I was only hitting one bird (mine, not AL777's))

So searching is a timesaver..

..release of fully no-shoulder-lights-no-teamskins mutator pending response from porkmanii..

Comment

Originally posted by AL777
                  Just use bot roster.
                  Ha! lol. Sorry, i'm thick. I tried this at like 4am and wasn't really thinking. Genius!

Comment

The important thing here is, AL777 will get the proper mutator for the job, no matter who wrote it.
                    Precisely, slave, now get to work! (cracks whip)

Ha! lol. Sorry, i'm thick. I tried this at like 4am and wasn't really thinking. Genius!
                    Nice.

Comment

I bow before you, great master AL777 :respect:

Here, take my gift: No Teamskins

I'm gonna put it in the betareleases folder, as it hasn't been tested dedicated online. But later, ain't got time now... I'll post the link here.

EDIT: "Later" means now: clickidy-click

Comment

Well good, then. AL777 gets his mutator, I learned something, and fftunes got to be right. We all get something from this. A win-win-win kinda sitch-ee-ay-shun.

Dicky B (woot)

Comment

Working...
                        X