Singleplayer is becoming frustrating for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Singleplayer is becoming frustrating for me

I went through the DeathMatch challenges without trouble, and same for Double Domination.

That was many months ago, for some strange reason the unfinished single player feels like an empty void in my competitive mind. And now I recently beat CTF-BridgeOfFate on Experienced difficulty, which was the latest map in the ladder apart from Bombing Run.

Now I´ll get to the point. CTF-BridgeOfFate was horrible, it´s like the bots see in slowmo, I get the flag with 100 adrenaline, 100 health and 100 shield, sometimes 150, but that is still not enough. I had tried all routes and ways and combos and weapons, nothing worked, so I went defensive and let my teammates do the flag capturing.

It was becoming so annoying that after my team scored 1 - 0 in favor to my team, I set all my team mates on defend and I hoped we´d keep that until the time limit expires.

And now I´m in CTF-AbsoluteZero, it was even worse so I switched arena, CTF-DoubleDammage is much easier, but yet it is hard due to some things like the Link Gun secondary, the bots are insanely good with the Link, same for Minigun.

I don´t know why it´s so hard, maybe I just suck a t the game. I have very low accuracy so I prefer the RL and Flak. I do strafe and jump like an adrenaline-pumped clown, but yet the bots can hit me easily.

What did you guys do to defeat these maps? And will things just get worse when I start trying Assault and the rest of Bombing Run?
    (CTF-AbsoluteZero/CTF-DoubleDammage)

Start praticing the hitscan....... :alien:

Comment

can you use a bot roster instead of just picking "novice, adept, godlike". I haven't played single player, I know it can be done in instant action. If you crank difficulty up too high the bots get to be like aimbots. with a bot roster you can tweak several aspects of the AI, tendacy to jump, accuracy, favorite weapon etc.

Comment

I always find my team are incredibly shiat, and I have a mic and everything so it's easy for me to command my team around. I end up having to perform all roles myself and what a surprise I often lose.

Except for AS, for some reason my team owns the other, why?

Comment

@Imp@l3dRound: So you´re saying that the single player is kind of unfair to the human player? Maybe that is a part of the reason why I have trouble winning.
          Btw, I really really hate Iron Skull Skaarj!

@qazxswedc: Unfortunately that isn´t possible in single player.
          I have been trying to win a Bloodrites battle after challenging Lauren, but the enemy team is pretty tough, but if I win, I get Lauren to my team I assume, that would certainly help in team-based gametypes.

Originally posted by Echohawk
          Start praticing the hitscan....... :alien:
          I use the Shock if I don´t have the Flak or RL, I´m not very good from very far, I´m good at using it in medium distances, but I still miss more than I hit which is bad.

Btw, I should mention that my vision is less than 12/20, and it makes me so sad thinking about that I will never be as good as you guys.

Btw, thanks for the replies. I really appriciate it.
          If this is true what you´ve said, I´m probably wasting time with this SP, the game was actually fun in Instan Action.

Comment

You're gonna hate what I'm about to say, but I advise you to restart at a lower difficulty. Hear me out here. Bots are not human. They can pull off **** no human could ever perform. The only real advantage we have over them is the fact that they're stupid, and the lower the difficulty, the dumber they are. So really, the only advice I can give ya is to increase your advantage over them -- lower the difficulty...

You think it's bad now... wait until the final match.

Comment

Well, it is ok to restart at lower level, means it will be easier.
              But how much easier can it get? I´m playing in Experienced difficulty and having trouble...

Comment

Just do what you do on BridgeOfFate for CTF, defend and let your bots cap. Make sure you've got the best bots available from the Bloodrites games. BR is a bit easier to score yourself, just use Speed and most maps should be fine. Assault was pretty random for me, I just kept doing them till I won until AS-Mothership, at which point I gave up. I can't fly that ship and I don't intend to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by lintan
                  Just do what you do on BridgeOfFate for CTF, defend and let your bots cap. Make sure you've got the best bots available from the Bloodrites games.
                  Sounds like a good idea, the only problem is to win a Bloodrites challenge against Iron Guard.
                  (I want Lauren to my team, there is a reason I need to put 3000+ creds on a bet before fighting)

Btw, I am kind of cheating. When I win any challenges/maps, I copy/paste the UVX file and if I lose a fight and lose alot of credits, I simply put the copied UVX and replace it with the one in the Save folder.
                  I love the PC sometimes.

Comment

Well, by lowering the difficulty to average, bots will move slightly slower (making your escapes easier) be less aggressive (making your infiltrations easier) and be less accurate and agile (making all around fighting easier). it may take some of the fun out of it, but if you're becoming frustrated you definitely should try it.

Oh, and dont delete your current profile, of course. Pick it back up when you're more experienced.

Comment

Erm, for Bloodrites it gives a random choice of maps each time... Just find one you're good at. I did instagib Tokara Forest every time, shame you say your aim is bad cause the bots' aim is bloody awful

Comment

Originally posted by lintan
                        Erm, for Bloodrites it gives a random choice of maps each time... Just find one you're good at. I did instagib Tokara Forest every time, shame you say your aim is bad cause the bots' aim is bloody awful
                        I´m pretty good at Mixer and Idoma, but Bloodrites gets pretty intense in such small maps.

And I know it randomly chooses maps, there are so many maps that I need to click dozens of times to find one that I´m good at.
                        This is how I earned enough credits to challenge Lauren and Iron Guard.

Originally posted by AL777
                        Well, by lowering the difficulty to average, bots will move slightly slower (making your escapes easier) be less aggressive (making your infiltrations easier) and be less accurate and agile (making all around fighting easier). it may take some of the fun out of it, but if you're becoming frustrated you definitely should try it.

Oh, and dont delete your current profile, of course. Pick it back up when you're more experienced.
                        Well, sounds pretty nice, since the bots do run up to my *** and that can be unfortunate when they have the Flak in their hands. I guess Average is ideal for me, Novice is just too easy, at least in Instant Action, there I´m pretty good on Skilled.

Comment

What I did to start on a very basic gradient on hitscan was to set the Wep Arena Mut for shock or lg and play for almost half an hour against a Novice Bot (yeah, you read that right ) and simply fiddle with my mouse sens until it felt comfortable for both hitscan and spam. :noob: I have to be pretty quick on my feet to do 180's but hey, you can't always have everything!

Anyhow, that's one way you can start getting better with that aspect of the game. It's pretty crucial as by the time you hit CTF-BridgeofFate or the equivalent on the other ladders in SinglePlayer, the bots will be jacked up to about Adept or Masterful and it's quite a jump compared to the earlier teams. :noob:

Comment

I guess Average is ideal for me, Novice is just too easy, at least in Instant Action, there I´m pretty good on Skilled.
                            Weird, I too find alike difficulty levels to actually be harder in single player mode than in instant action. I can easily win instant action matches with inhuman/godlike bots, yet in single player, on those same difficulties, I get utterly f***in pwned.

Comment

Don't the bots get better depending on how well you did in the early rounds? Someone told me that once, I dunno if it's true. The bots were definitely higher than Experienced by the end of my game, and I had it on Experienced from the start.

Comment

Working...
                              X