X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    ^Bots do not behave like real people.

They don’t quit when they are losing.

They don’t team switch when they start losing.

They don’t call you names when you get a lucky shot on them.

They don’t complain about what weapon you like to use, what tactic you like to use.

If the map is made right they stay on objective and try to win from start to finish whether they are winning or losing by a little or a lot.

Yep bots do not behave like real people.

And yes in certain situations bots can be very stupid.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah playing single player really helps...

Originally posted by Bjossi
    Because I suck at the game, and I always read about the chilish attitude many players have towards those who aren´t as good as them. So I´m not really interested in trying it out.

Instant Action is fun for me because of the variety of maps and mods, I never get bored, and if I do, I will regain interest in other types of gameplay I had been bored of long before. This is like an infinite loop.

But I do think the bots are stupid, but that is usually the AI creator´s fault. It takes quite alot of work to make a bot act something like a human tho, so I´m not surprised they are stupid.
    Playing single player is not going to help you online, bots do not behave like real people. You could own all the bots you want and stroke your ego but the best way to improve is to go online and get owned at few times it builds character, trust me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by iron12
    Talk about frustrating! This thread got me interested to try single player again. I was playing CTF the one with the three bridges and I had the flag with enemies in hot pursuit. So I’m about a third of the way back and I say in the mic, everybody cover me. Next thing I know all my team mates are in one of the narrow pathway, essentially blocking the path, not letting me through. So I’m trying to jump over them because they won’t step aside to let me through with no luck then WHAM I get an enemy shock combo. They basically took out the whole crew and got their flag back.
    And moments like these made me want to be the alone and silent type of character in team games. :haha:
    (collects health and shield, gets adrenaline to 100 and steals the flag with no help)

I actually won BridgeOfFate that way.
    I hate the speed combo, it is so useless when you carry the flag, UT2003´s speed combo was so much more balanced.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    :haha:

sry

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Talk about frustrating! This thread got me interested to try single player again. I was playing CTF the one with the three bridges and I had the flag with enemies in hot pursuit. So I’m about a third of the way back and I say in the mic, everybody cover me. Next thing I know all my team mates are in one of the narrow pathway, essentially blocking the path, not letting me through. So I’m trying to jump over them because they won’t step aside to let me through with no luck then WHAM I get an enemy shock combo. They basically took out the whole crew and got their flag back.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I play a lot of offline games, so I hope Epic doesn't just look past bots and single player. Of course, I have faith that Epic is better than that and will create an extremely entertaining experience with no getting-shot-in-the-head-while-dodge-jumping-from-a-bot-facing-the-exact-opposite-direction moments.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    has the bug of not being able to unlock the 3 characters when completing SP been fixed btw?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't hunt or have any guns. I know how to shoot in RL, though, and I'm all for non-sport hunting. I do all my hunting and gathering at the grocery store, though.

Dicky B (watch your step, I set some traps in Aisle Three)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    oh yes single player is also starting to become fusterating to me since bots use link gun and flak cannon when your in close range to them.

They switch to a flak cannon and then bom your gun lol.

Singleplayer mode is more fusterating for me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lets hope the bots will act more human in UT2007, but I´m not very optimistic, since games like the UT series have the popular online aspect which needs to be flawless or the game will get low ratings. So the bots may be a lower priority for Epic.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The single player campaign highlights every flaw in AI programming, and there are many.

I had to set the bot level to the lowest or second lowest, because of the inhuman accuaracy mentioned before, and because your AI teamates just don't do anything for you. It's basically YOU against an entire team of aimbots.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I also hope the bots will be off by default for online servers. I hate playing with them or having to use a nobots filter that reduces the number of options of maps and servers to play.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yet again, proves how stupid bots are, I hope a more talented person will code the AI for UT2007.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I started singleplayer again a few months ago just for the heck of it, but now it was on adept for more challenge and it wasn't hard until BR-Icefields. In that match, after about 40 minutes the score was still 0-0 because bots on my team would pass me the ball as soon as I put myself 1 milimeter ahead of them...if they waited only 1 second more (as anyone who plays BR online would), I would translocate myself right in front the goal and score easily. After being horribly annoyed by this happening everytime I'm near the goal, I eventually typed 'killbots' in the console and scored. I never played singleplayer after that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That is exactly how I feel about it.
    The team mates are rather stupid and it is quite difficult to defend yourself on the way to the base with 4 - 5 enemies armed and dangerous...and accurate. I got lucky once and did a mega kill with the Flak Cannon in one CTF map, but as I said, only luck.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X