Singleplayer is becoming frustrating for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frogger
    online is SOOOOOOO much better even if you suck.. i would know..
    Well, I´d love to try it if there was a way to keep kids from spamming insults in hope of making me cry and go to mommy, I just want to fight until I win or lose, no need for insults or spam. Perhaps there is a way to disable text popups, but that would kill team games.

Maybe I should start by fighting against or with some people I know from the internet. Might be pretty fun, but as I said, I plain suck.

Comment

i don't think its as bad as you think..at least not the places i play.. peeple get kicked and banned for acting as you say..

Comment

Yes, it depends on the server, right?
        So if I find a high quality server, maybe I can bypass all kinds of childish spam.

Comment

If a may recommend a server for you, East Coast Fragging is a very good leisure deathmatch server with a nice mix of beginners and pros. You rarely, if ever, find anybody spamming insults or flaming, and it's pretty much just a plain out fun, friendly, and challenging server.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjossi
            Yes, it depends on the server, right?
            So if I find a high quality server, maybe I can bypass all kinds of childish spam.
            I played titan VCTF server not long before christmas, great fun and no-one to be a whiney little SOBs. If there's one piece of advise I can give, that's that just about any suitable servers you see plastered in a signature will most likely be high quality, unless someone had the bright idea of advertising the demo servers.

Comment

Try the FnG servers. We have one in New Jersey that's reasonably active in the evening, and one in London.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, I may try them out when I have enough free time.

Comment

I always thought the team based single player games are flawed at high levels. I recall playing CTF rounds where neither team ever scored, the opponent team AI was unable to get the players to work together as a team so they never scored against me, and of course my own team never really supported me either.

In a game of CTF you really need team mates to back you up and pick up dropped flags etc. So frustrating to get the flag half way home, get fragged by an impossible LG shot and watch your team mates walk back and forth wondering what to do next!

I found eventually you'd get a cap but cant say id play through single player again - was more of a chore than fun.

Comment

That is exactly how I feel about it.
                    The team mates are rather stupid and it is quite difficult to defend yourself on the way to the base with 4 - 5 enemies armed and dangerous...and accurate. I got lucky once and did a mega kill with the Flak Cannon in one CTF map, but as I said, only luck.

Comment

I started singleplayer again a few months ago just for the heck of it, but now it was on adept for more challenge and it wasn't hard until BR-Icefields. In that match, after about 40 minutes the score was still 0-0 because bots on my team would pass me the ball as soon as I put myself 1 milimeter ahead of them...if they waited only 1 second more (as anyone who plays BR online would), I would translocate myself right in front the goal and score easily. After being horribly annoyed by this happening everytime I'm near the goal, I eventually typed 'killbots' in the console and scored. I never played singleplayer after that.

Comment

Yet again, proves how stupid bots are, I hope a more talented person will code the AI for UT2007.

Comment

I also hope the bots will be off by default for online servers. I hate playing with them or having to use a nobots filter that reduces the number of options of maps and servers to play.

Comment

The single player campaign highlights every flaw in AI programming, and there are many.

I had to set the bot level to the lowest or second lowest, because of the inhuman accuaracy mentioned before, and because your AI teamates just don't do anything for you. It's basically YOU against an entire team of aimbots.

Comment

Lets hope the bots will act more human in UT2007, but I´m not very optimistic, since games like the UT series have the popular online aspect which needs to be flawless or the game will get low ratings. So the bots may be a lower priority for Epic.

Comment

oh yes single player is also starting to become fusterating to me since bots use link gun and flak cannon when your in close range to them.

They switch to a flak cannon and then bom your gun lol.

Singleplayer mode is more fusterating for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X