No announcement yet.

Singleplayer is becoming frustrating for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is weird, Lintan´s theory about bots learning your skills sounds like it makes sense.
    I mean, I did very well in DethMatch and Double Domination, maybe that fact is biting my *** in the last levels of the CTF ladder.

Originally posted by Echohawk
    What I did to start on a very basic gradient on hitscan was to set the Wep Arena Mut for shock or lg and play for almost half an hour against a Novice Bot (yeah, you read that right ) and simply fiddle with my mouse sens until it felt comfortable for both hitscan and spam. :noob: I have to be pretty quick on my feet to do 180's but hey, you can't always have everything!

Anyhow, that's one way you can start getting better with that aspect of the game. It's pretty crucial as by the time you hit CTF-BridgeathofFate or the equivalent on the other ladders in SinglePlayer, the bots will be jacked up to about Adept or Masterful and it's quite a jump compared to the earlier teams. :noob:
    You mean like target practice, except the targets don´t like to get shot?

Comment

open user.ini, find:
      Code:
      [GUI2K4.UT2k4MainPage]
      TotalUnlockedCharacters=
      and replace it with:
      Code:
      [GUI2K4.UT2k4MainPage]
      TotalUnlockedCharacters=Xan;ClanLord;Malcolm
      :up:

Comment

Well, this is cheatinh...

Comment

I've found that I really don't like tournament-style single player campaigns. I never kept playing the SP side of any of the UT series. UT I played it twice. UT2k3 only once. UT2k4 only once - and I have no plans to go back.

Yet the original Unreal I've played the SP campaign several times over the years. In my mind a single player storyline is much more enjoyable than a single player tournament.

Comment

Well, not exactly, because playing single player three times may not be enough to unlock all three characters-I fought Clanlord first time, second time it was Malcolm, and then I started it for the third time to unlock Xan, but no-I had to fight Malcolm again, so I eventually had to modify user.ini to unlock Xan.
            Also, bot difficutly indeed increases-this is shown by skill level of bot teams, I think only the qualification matches ("weak" teams) are played on the same difficulty as the one you choose when starting. I think it increases by one point when playing tough teams, like Gen-mo'Kai (sp?), by 2 points against strong teams (like Hellions), and by 3 points against "godlike" teams, including the final match. So if you start on adept, last 1-2 matches on every ladder, as well as the finals will be played on godlike difficulty.

Comment

Is that true? It would explain why the last couple of matches are such a horrendous pain in the jacksie. For some reason I can never complete the Assualt ladder without a serious bit of 'console intervention' (ie. "killbots") although the final showdown is usually do-able with some effort and a few bloodrites matches to gain the right team mates.

Comment

Is instagib or normal mode the better one if I want my team to win a Bloodrites? I´ve seen that my team seems to do better in instagib, but I suck at using the Shock.

Comment

this game has single player???

Comment

Originally posted by Echohawk
                    Start praticing the hitscan....... :alien:
                    I saw you mentioned you use shock if no rockets or flak, I use to be similar in approach but hitscan is so crucial. When you running around anywhere in a reasonably sized area you should have a hitscan weapon on, LG as first choice and shock as second, this gives you the chance to get an instant head start over anyone, Take a quick shot at the target then switch to your prefered weapon. (Don't aim to hard just point and shoot)
                    LG shot to the head is very likely to kill anyone instantly, and a good body shot will put them at distinct disadvantage, a single shock will do reasonable damage but the + is it often knocks them back causing them to lose aim.
                    Finish off with your weapon of choice.
                    Beware of telling your bots what to do unless you can do it quickly, If you ask a bot to cover you it will but I've seen them turn down easy flags when you die to come running back to cover you again. If you let them do what they want they can adapt better. LOL still stupid but better.
                    Remember in CTF, if you kill everything coming out of the enemy base then they are all going to be there when you enter, let a few slip past and leave yourself a more sparse enemy base.
                    Try using a shield when you run away with a flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjossi
                      You mean like target practice, except the targets don´t like to get shot?
                      lol yep. Elric's probably got the best reasoning on why it's so important. Would've posted something along those lines but I'm too lazy.

Comment

@[FF] Elric: Thanks for the tips.
                        I was thinking the same thing about letting the enemy team leave their base and then sneak in. But they will give me a warm hug when I grab the flag and run to my base, and they are in between usually.

Originally posted by Frogger
                        this game has a single player???
                        Yes, I don´t have a girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjossi
                          Yes, I don´t have a girlfriend.
                          but you obviously have internet... why bother with singleplayer?

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                            but you obviously have internet... why bother with singleplayer?
                            Because I suck at the game, and I always read about the chilish attitude many players have towards those who aren´t as good as them. So I´m not really interested in trying it out.

Instant Action is fun for me because of the variety of maps and mods, I never get bored, and if I do, I will regain interest in other types of gameplay I had been bored of long before. This is like an infinite loop.

But I do think the bots are stupid, but that is usually the AI creator´s fault. It takes quite alot of work to make a bot act something like a human tho, so I´m not surprised they are stupid.

Comment

online is SOOOOOOO much better even if you suck.. i would know..

Comment

I pretty much gave up on single player when on one particular challenge where my team seemed superior we lost big time and not one of my teammates got a single kill. That pretty much did it for me as far a single player.

Comment

Working...
                                X