VCTF Maps played in Deathmatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF Maps played in Deathmatch

Is there an way to make it so vctf maps play as an dm map?

you would have to modify the map itself

side note: Fawhy?

Comment

couldnt you just back up the original & rename it DM-blahblahblah?

Comment

I think it's a little more involved than this ^^

There is mutator that does Any Map -> CTF / vCTF converter, perhaps there is one for the other way around?

Also because vehicles aren't included with DM, do you mean vDM? There is a custom gametype that lets you play ONS maps as vehicular deathmatch, whether something similar could be used for vCTF maps...

Comment

Without changing the map name

and when u do this it will take the vehicles out and leave the flags

dk how but my friend did it

Comment

Was it a mutator or did he change the map somehow?

Comment

If you rename it DM-whatever it will play currectly as deathmatch (as long as you start it from ingame). Because when you do that, the gametype is xGame.xDeathmatch, instead of xGame.xVehicleCTFGame. Deathmatch does not support flags or vehicles, so the flags and vehicles in the vCTF map will not be in the map, and it will work correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank
                If you rename it DM-whatever it will play currectly as deathmatch (as long as you start it from ingame). Because when you do that, the gametype is xGame.xDeathmatch, instead of xGame.xVehicleCTFGame. Deathmatch does not support flags or vehicles, so the flags and vehicles in the vCTF map will not be in the map, and it will work correctly.
                Awesome. The flags are included, although you can't pick them up.

Comment

Just being curious: Your log is then spammed like hell, isn't it?

Comment

I bet you anything his real question is "Can I have vehicles in DM gametype?"

Comment

Awesome. The flags are included, although you can't pick them up.
                      Yes it is

Just being curious: Your log is then spammed like hell, isn't it?
                      NO

I bet you anything his real question is "Can I have vehicles in DM gametype?"
                      No because there is an gametype called vdm

Say this he has it so all of his maps can be an dm map and so on

Dom,BR,DM,Ctf,Vctf and so on

Comment

Load a deathmatch map, then type "open vctf-whatever.ut2" at the console. No, vehicles will not work, and flags will probably not do anything.

Comment

Load a deathmatch map, then type "open vctf-whatever.ut2" at the console. No, vehicles will not work, and flags will probably not do anything.
                          Without doing that

and u be able to vote for it in the map voting place will not work with ut51vote w/e

Comment

Working...
                          X