Alien Swarm 1.3 & Telic Campaign!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien Swarm 1.3 & Telic Campaign!

Ho yeah! I cant wait anymore! The Best Non-FPS Mod for UT2004 come back with Alien Swarm 1.3 and the Telic Campaign!!! :biggrin:

From Black Cat games official web page:

The Alien Swarm 1.3 Patch and the Telic Campaign expansion pack will be released simultaneously on the 16th of December 2005! The 1.3 patch contains updates to most of the Sigma and Ortega maps along with numerous bug fixes and balance adjustments to the game.

The Telic Campaign is an unofficial expansion pack for Alien Swarm that brings eight new, unique missions in the form of a complete campaign. In addition to the maps, Telic expands the Alien Swarm universe with new weapons, extra items, more dangerous enemies, original mission objectives and various modifications to the standard game rules.

The Telic Campaign features include:

* A unique campaign with 8 new missions.
    * Varied mission environments: from abandoned bases and industrial facilities to high tech laboratories and underground caves.
    * Seven new weapons that add on to the existing arsenal.
    * New equipment items: from demolition explosives to sentry gun assembly kits and chemical grenades.
    * Additional enemies with custom models and challenging tactics.
    * New interactive objects, NPCs, mission objectives, custom triggers and more.
    * Tweaked game rules to enhance the cooperative aspects of the game.
    * Optional mutators allowing players and server admins to customize the gameplay.

The basic principles of Alien Swarm are retained: vibrant non-stop action and challenging situations that require active cooperation from the whole team.

Official Alien Swarm Site
    Official Telic Campaign Site

With this update, Alien Swarm will have more than 30 maps in 5 awesome campaign:

-Sigma (official in v1.0) <7 maps>
    -Ortega (official in v1.2) <6 maps>
    -Upsilon (best custom maps collected in a campaign, need the Custom Campaign Mutator) <6 maps>
    -Phalanx (custom by MjrHuRTz) <6 maps>
    -Telic (include in v1.3) <8 new maps>

The big question: Are you gonna try it? :icon14:

Lets be honest : this mod ROX.

But not alone, which is boring IMO.

If many peoples go and play this online, count me in :biggrin:

Comment

Originally posted by Jake-SF
      Lets be honest : this mod ROX.
      Yes it does. A great teamwork blast-em-up game.

Comment

Absolutely

Alien Swarm is the best co-op experience you can have.

Comment

Too bad they're moving to source...

Comment

Too bad almost no one seems to care about this mod..

Comment

anyone know if this will be in a .umod file? I have trouble with the .zip files

i love this mod and the infected one looks awesome also
              too bad its not for ut2004... maybe later...

Comment

1.3 and Telic have been released. It's in .zip format, and the servers have updated with the new stuff for anyone who wants to play.

Alien Swarm 1.3 Download
                Telic Campaign expansion Download

Comment

anyone have detailed instructions on how to install the .zip file.

I don't understand the packaged instructions

Comment

You just extract it to your UT2004 installation directory (make sure it keeps directory structure).

Comment

Me and a couple pals will probably install this for some non-standard UT killing action. I played the old version and liked it alot. I just hope they fixed the IR goggles.

So count about 3 more into the fray come the end of the month.

Comment

to install the teliccampain expansion pack do you just extract the .zip file into the ut2004 file and replace existing files?

Comment

Originally posted by leavemealone347
                          to install the teliccampain expansion pack do you just extract the .zip file into the ut2004 file and replace existing files?
                          First install the full version 1.3 of AlienSwarm, then add the Telic Campaign on it. If it request you for overwriting, just clic yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Th3pIkK
                            First install the full version 1.3 of AlienSwarm, then add the Telic Campaign on it. If it request you for overwriting, just clic yes.
                            thanks not good with the .zips

i like .umod

Comment

Originally posted by Jake-SF
                              Too bad almost no one seems to care about this mod..
                              True - I had some awesome times back when AS was alive. Hosting my own server and such...

Great times!

Comment

Working...
                              X