Interactive scenario is an explosive feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive scenario is an explosive feature

These days I've been playing a map called DM-REFINED. It has a very cool feature: there are barrels in some places of the map which explode when you shoot them (ala Doom). When they explode they cause great damage in the surrounding area. These zones are quite dangerous for your enemies and it's a tactical element because you can even wait until they are close to make everything explode. The result on the screen is spectacular. Apart from this, I have the explosive ammo mutator active, which makes the map even more interactive. Now imagine all this combined with elements afected by physics (like in Counter Strike Source). This would result in much more ferocious combats, with a sense of chaos and real war. I've experienced some moments in this map that cannot be compared to other maps. I wonder if something like this will be in UT2007. BTW, apart from what I've said, this map rules in every sense: great graphics, great desing and great playability (the roofs are easily accesible and let's you play in two different levels).

I some fun maps it works fine... ...because it is fun. I am all for it, if EPIC includes some gimmick maps into UT2k7. But I also hope that there are enough (read: at least 6 or 7 for 1on1, TDM/TAM,CTF, etc... each) competitive maps with pure classic gameplay layout and without gimmicks.

Comment

What fueg said.

Comment

I'm hoping the bring back DM-Pressure with a real working pressure chamber just like in the original UT. That map was so much fun.

Comment

Yes Epic please bring back some of the crazy, silly fun for some of us casual players that’s in it manly to relax and have a good time, and maybe a laugh or two. There are a few of us out here looking for a fun game and not so much for a competitive sport.

Comment

DM-Refined release thread.

Holy ***! Downloading!

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale
              I'm hoping the bring back DM-Pressure with a real working pressure chamber just like in the original UT. That map was so much fun.
              Oh god, it was so perverted and I so loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by iron12
                Yes Epic please bring back some of the crazy, silly fun for some of us casual players that’s in it manly to relax and have a good time, and maybe a laugh or two. There are a few of us out here looking for a fun game and not so much for a competitive sport.
                +1

And DM-Pressure was more fun than depressurizing a barrel of monkeys. There was a map like that in Quake2 too...

Comment

Working...
                X