This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AntiTCC 1.19b

There seems to be yet another useless piece of code to screw even more this game. Yup, it's true. It wasn't enough the complaints about previous futile attempts to stop cheating in this game so they decided to make it worse.
    This is a rant caused by being kicked several times today by simply pressing F2 to see the server's info. Go figure, sometimes I like to see a bit more info about the server I'm in. But nooooo!!!! It's illegal...

Think that's not enough? Ok, how about a constant 988 ping display both in score and using net stat? Surely the ping is as usual but it's **** annoying.
    So now some player names aren't allowed either?
    Has anyone noticed that the latest patch has made the game enjoyable and smooth just so this AntiTCC makes it stutter again?

WTF are you server admins doing these days? It's hard enough to find a good server with people and well administrated and now you use another version of a useless piece of shit that any kid can go around easly?
    BTW, what is AntiTCC doing on an Invasion server? Who are we going to cheat against? The monsters???

FFS, the game is dieing of old age and you people are still trying to murder it!!!

[/ENDofRANT]

I agree with you.antitcc suxs..

There must be a better way to kick the cheaters..
    Antitcc is old and useless nowdays imo..

And the mid game check,now thats realy annoying
    (stutter like hell,causes more deaths than the cheaters.)

Comment

Originally posted by T@F
      And the mid game check,now thats realy annoying
      (stutter like hell,causes more deaths than the cheaters.)
      mid game check :down:

I'd rather have safegame and wait before gamestart

Comment

its still beta durrrrr

no one forces anyone to add anticheats to a server, however people dont want cheaters on there server.

Comment

Originally posted by T@F
          There must be a better way to kick the cheaters..
          The pass three computers I have had all had no problems with AntiTCC or Safegame. So I can't say why people are having problems.

I was going to start a Anti Cheat project to find aimbots without file checks. But I decided not to bother since this "community" shoots down anything to do with Anti-Cheat software.

Pointless... :bulb:

Comment

RoadKillGrill, I have seen 1 cheater the entire year!!! Last time I saw one we all waited a couple of minutes before he got bored and left. Problem fixed.
            The issue with any type of anti cheat mutator is old and we all basicaly agree with it: No need what so ever with a good server administration. The problem is that most servers are ran by dumblets (I just made a new word) who start crying shiter when someone gets fragged by a lost shot...

Safegame is a joke, AntiTCC fucked the last half of UT2003 and then UT2004. Somehow we all learned to live with it and some admins tweaked a bit what to check or not.
            Now this version, beta or not, shouldn't be there if it causes problems for everyone. Sure if you play with 20 ping or less a bit stuttering isn't a big problem. But for people like me that have to deal with 70+ pings, every little thing of the game counts. The smoother the better.

At this time I wouldn't get worried about cheaters on my server, if I had one. I would be thinking of getting people to still play the game...

BTW, no anti cheat will ever be usefull for anything but cause problems with the game.
            I just came from a demo server, yeah "demo", where I could find some people to play with. I found a guy I know from online play. He said he was there because he couldn't find servers with people. He also complained about the stuttering on the same server.

If it's beta keep it to inside testing...

And Spaz007, you make an anticheat program/project that doesn't interfere one slighty bit with gameplay and you'll have my 100% support. And I mean it.

Comment

feel free to set up a server yourself.

proper settings are required for any anticheat..the code werks..but shouldn't be just dumped in without knowig what you are doing.

Active Admin 3.0 > *

Comment

Frogger, my pocket isn't full. Things are hard enough to get here. Getting a dedicated server is expensive. Hosting one at home with a slow upload isn't any good either (and my upload is payed too). Anyway, you are completely right. They just get the mutator and drop it like that. It's only sad the default settings of it are way exagerated.

Btw, it's AntiTCC 1.19b. I made a simple typing error.

Comment

Originally posted by Abilio_KID
                  Frogger, my pocket isn't full. Things are hard enough to get here. Getting a dedicated server is expensive. Hosting one at home with a slow upload isn't any good either (and my upload is payed too). Anyway, you are completely right. They just get the mutator and drop it like that. It's only sad the default settings of it are way exagerated.
                  unless you plan to run a server yourself..plz dont complain about those of us that spend our money and more importantly time giving you a place to play...(see your original post)

Comment

People who make quality hacks get paid.

People who make anti-cheats get nothing.

Go figure.

Oh and UTAN is your friend.

Comment

RoadKillGrill, I have seen 1 cheater the entire year!!!
                      you missed my point, anticheats are put on by whoever owns the server, they dont have to but THEY CHOOSE to add anti cheat mutators. epic does not make it manditory to have antitcc of safegame on every server, its an OPTION. all the servers can add minigun insta gib for all i care.

Comment

RoadKillGrill, I have seen 1 cheater the entire year!!! Last time I saw one we all waited a couple of minutes before he got bored and left. Problem fixed.
                        Funny, I've seen about 15 since we started using AntiTCC, which was about 4 or 5 months ago... I'd like to know how you spot things like wallhacks and radar, and the less obvious aim and triggerbots. People are probably cheating right under your nose, and you aren't seeing it.

Wormbo is doing a good job by writing AntiTCC, he is helping the community. All you are contributing to is the perception AntiTCC sucks. The problem is not AntiTCC, it's the "Omg I died, must be lag from antitcc cos I am teh pwn!!111!one" groupthink.

Comment

I will say it only once (because if I repeated it and you didn't understand it the first time, you wouldn't understand it the second time either -.-):

Mid-game checks don't cause deaths.
                          Deaths cause mid-game checks.

Stungmaster: People who make anticheat actually do get something - *****ing and moaning from players

Comment

I prefer AntiTCC because SG is old, no cheat database update since xxx days, laggy sometimes for me. It's my opinion.
                            I don't know if you have really try AntiTCC, but you can deactivate middle check. Last thing, i hate people who say "it sux". You are not happy ? Make your anti-cheat
                            Wormbo and Cruicky, thx a lot for your job.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo
                              I will say it only once (because if I repeated it and you didn't understand it the first time, you wouldn't understand it the second time either -.-):

Mid-game checks don't cause deaths.
                              Deaths cause mid-game checks.
                              Yes but when you die it kicks in, then its stutters like mad,witch causes more deaths untill it has checked your system files..

Like i said,i`m all for cheat protection,but antitcc can be annoying at times...

Sorry wormbo,but thats one prog i realy dont like
                              (i`m not moaning,i just dont realy like the stuttering thats all.)

Btw to the ppl who say make your own prog,i would but the prob is i cannot code
                              So i guess we have to live with it.

Also Spaz007 if you can do a better prog,without the stuttering,i`m all for it

Comment

Working...
                              X