Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, my unreal collection is almost complete, but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, my unreal collection is almost complete, but..

I have Unreal 1, 2, UT99, 2003, 2004, and just ordered UC2. But do I really need UC1? Isn't it mostly a ut2003 conversion which is redundant if I actually have 2003+2004?

Well, it can't be exactly the same. After all it's made to be played using a controller...
    Also I think there are a few extra maps that never made it to the PC, and some maps that did get released in UT2k4 (like CTF-Smote) are slightly different. (I recall hearing the UC version of Smote had environmental dangers in some places)
    Either way, if you want a COMPLETE collection...

Comment

I doubt there are anyone playing uc1 anymore so it would mostly be a purchase just to "check it out" before it sits on my shelf. I'll probably pick it up sooner or later just out of fanboiness, gonna have to wait until after christmas though I think.

"sorry honey, no present for you this year. I went over budget buying this game I wasn't planning on playing".

Comment

There are still people online playing insta which was great fun in UC1.

At least there were a few weeks ago.

Comment

Doesn't UC1 use the species mutation for the default gameplay?

Anyway, I would get it for the shock rifle model alone, if you're that insane.

what is that game, like 5 bucks now?
          Big deal, just get it.

(UC2 is ownage material, btw, oh yeah baby)

Comment

Originally posted by Plumb_Drumb

what is that game, like 5 bucks now?
            Heh I'm in norway, everything goes for full price unless it's bargain bin. UC1 is still like roughly $60. If I import something over roughly £15/$20 I have to pay taxes, and a fee for them to apply taxes, which is more than the tax itself.
            Here's an example, I ordered neverwinter nights+expansions which was £17 with free shipping, the tax was £3 and there was a £12 fee for them to apply the tax. Stupid, isnt it? I avoid the tax if I get it cheap enough, but it's hard to find it cheap+free shipping.

Comment

Working...
            X