greatest maps of 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

greatest maps of 2005

so its the end of 2005. its been one heck of year. this is the "official" favorites of the year thread!

so heres how it works: post a list of your favorite maps of each gametype(that you have), as well as your favorite skin and mod.

so for my list, ive got:
    AS- junkyard
    BR- skyline
    CTF- grassyknoll
    (T)DM- oceanic
    DOM- atlantis
    JB- cavern
    KOTH- sewers
    ONS- ucmp-abc
    VCTF- pavillion wars
    SKIN- Prof. farnsworth
    MOD- holy hand grenade (run away! run away!)

what are yours? list em all! debate away on whats better! just keep it on topic

1) It's the end of 2005
    2) Who plays UT2003? You should limit the discussion to just 2004.

I play nothing but ONS and I've never heard of this map.
    ONS- ucmp-abc

My favorite ONS map is.... I don't have a favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by peliROJO
      1) It's the end of 2005

I play nothing but ONS and I've never heard of this map.
      ONS- ucmp-abc

LMAO! :haha: Its definitely 2005. And UCMP-ABC was released in the highly acclaimed UCMP Mappack. It has a very original theme, but gameplay is somewhat lacking, so it probably doesn't get much play online.

EDIT: My picks: DM-Campgrounds2005-SC1
      TDM-Goose
      ONS-Ahebban

Thats the only gametypes I play.

Comment

Re: greatest maps of 2004

AS - Robotfactory
        CTF - Maul
        TDM - Goose
        TAM - Goliath
        VCTF - Backbone
        SKIN - Gorge

Took out the gametypes I don't ever play.

Comment

Maul? :bulb:

For DM and TAM, the best map IMO is Rankin. No surprise here, it's pretty much perfect in every aspect. All weapons have nearly equal use (except for the shock, but hey, that one's overpowered in ALL maps), there's lots of combat between the different layers of the map and the powerups are risky to get.
          TDM... I dunno. I guess Goose IS pretty cool.
          I haven't played CTF in ages, but I always liked CTF-Grendelkeep, even if it was overplayed. It was the only map where it was possible to cap in about 15 seconds without using the shieldgun, meaning it's a lot more action packed (and less easy to defend) than the other maps.

IMO Goliath isn't that good in TAM. It's VERY hitscan oriented, so I guess it's popular with the instagib crowd, but as some of you will probably know I'm not a big fan of hitscan fighting. Another bad point of Goliath is that it's VERY easy to camp in. The top of the map has only two entrances. One is jumping up the lift in the center of the map, which will just get you a flak prim/loaded goop in your face, the other is liftjumping to the redeemer, but from there you still need to walk up an easily defended ramp.

Worst TAM map of the century is Grendelkeep, hands down. It's crappy enough as is, but it's played almost as much as Rankin (which is played in about 1/3rd of all pickup matches). I don't think anyone will be able to top Grendelkeep's horror in the coming 94 years.

Comment

Citadel > Grendelkeep :up:

Comment

I just played with the Ninja Rope mutator for the first time, it crashed and looked like I used it 250 times and couldn't handle it. :bored:

I like:
              ONS-RedPlanet
              ONS-Dria
              ONS-Dawn
              BR-Colossus
              AS-Junkyard

Comment

i vote agressive and 00retro for vctf, not a whole lot to look at but gameplay is great

and i say add an "other" catagory and give it to Goatswood :up:

Comment

AS-AloriaCavern2k4 (Sadly not played anymore, but I still liked it a lot, my favorite alternative I guess is Junkyard..)
                  DM-DE-Grendelkeep
                  TDM-DE-Grendelkeep
                  CTF-Grendelkeep
                  TAM-DM-Campgrounds2k4-G1E
                  ONS-Torlan (lol)
                  VCTF-Grendelkeep

Comment

ONS- Primeval
                    DM - Goose
                    vCTF - - Egyptian War
                    AS - Junkyard
                    CTF - Grendelkeep (sorry :P)

Comment

Originally posted by peliROJO
                      1) It's the end of 2005
                      :bulb: :bulb: :bored: ...:bulb:

just shows how in tune with reality i am...

fixed.
                      and some people might still play 2003...*looks under a rock* somewhere...

Comment

The BR is still fun on ut2k3

Comment

It could have been better. The majority of maps seemed to focus more on “OMFG!!!1111ELEVENTY!!!111 I have the best graphic card in the world and a 12GHz CPU so I can make the most amazing 67MB map!!!!!1111 and I will beat any1 whoo dos’e’nt have a bettar computar then m3!!!111111” rather than playability. :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

Oh, but there are (very few) exceptions:

ONS-Dinora
                          ONS-Primeval
                          DM-Grinder2k4
                          DM-Tundra-Classic-UT2k4
                          DM-TDB-Peak
                          DM-pressure][
                          DM-1on1-Oblivion2k4

Forgive me if some of these maps actually surfaced in 2004 and not 2005. I’m getting old and one day seems to run into the next, which means that one year eventually seems to run into the next as well. :weird:

Comment

Originally posted by LittleDonny
                            It could have been better. The majority of maps seemed to focus more on “OMFG!!!1111ELEVENTY!!!111 I have the best graphic card in the world and a 12GHz CPU so I can make the most amazing 67MB map!!!!!1111 and I will beat any1 whoo dos’e’nt have a bettar computar then m3!!!111111” rather than playability. :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
                            I dunno, I kinda liked Angelheart's maps... :haha:

the purpose was not to use them for fragging, but to kinda wander around in the maps and look at everything (or play invasion on them). Not all maps were made for gameplay, you know.

Comment

ONS-Frostbite
                              tt...IMO is fav.
                              very quick actions etc.
                              i find that the gorge skin and Xan skins are popular

Comment

Working...
                              X