No announcement yet.

Deathmatch everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vDM as an seperate gametype might work, but the vehicle balance would probably be against it (IMO they are not even that well ballanced for vCTF, though it is still loads of fun). Locking them out of the base CTF, DM, DDM and BR game types was a pretty good idea, if someone wanted they could easily make a gametype of the above allow them (or a mutator) but you would end up having to make some maps specifcally geared to that type of play (as most ONS to vCTF maps show, what works for one, not neccesarily for others), and you'd probably (for DM at least, TDM maybe not) have to redo the vehicle balances...

Comment

Originally posted by Amish_Refugee
      actually if an actual dm map had a tank in it, the tank would be rather useless as it is defenseless (minus the mg turret) to people above or directly below it
      You're usually dead if you're under the tank, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Carinae
        Sure man............. lets play a gametype where the sole object is to blow **** up. By all means go solo and enjoy --I'll grab a shock then take the vehicle with 800 armour, 2 guns, an exit door & little movement required to find a nice spot nearby to pitch a tent. Maybe I'll hang out near a spawn-point. Funfunfun :heart:
        You're assuming the tank is the only vehicle... You grab the tank, I'll grab a Raptor, you jump out of the tank to shock me, I bail out of the Raptor land on top of your tank and either hijack it, or if you get back in I stay on the tank and just shoot a few flak primaries straight down.

The same method to destroy a tank in ONS works for DM....

Comment

Old :down:

Comment

Yes, you are right: vehicles and other machines are disabled. However, today I've downloaded sHoK-2k4-MapPack1, a mappack with liliput players in different rooms of a normal house. The interesting thing is that, although they are all DM maps, one of them has vehicles, turrets, etc. and they are fully working. Strange, isn't it. Another surprising thing. In one of these maps I've picked up a weapon called super shock rifle, which is like like a normal shock rifle but but red, and kills with just one shot. How can this be? I have not installed this weapon and the normal shock rifle is not replaced by the map files.

Comment

BTW, there's a mutator called novehiclelocks that let's you use vehicles in DM maps. You can combine it with randomvehicles and allowvehicles, so that you can play with vehicles in all maps, even if they don't normally include it. The problem is that the vehicles sometimes appear in absurd places such as blocking a corridor or over a platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaphe
                In one of these maps I've picked up a weapon called super shock rifle, which is like like a normal shock rifle but but red, and kills with just one shot. How can this be? I have not installed this weapon and the normal shock rifle is not replaced by the map files.
                This is the weaponclass that is used when you enable the InstaGib mutator. It is in the game, but of course not used in normal DM maps.

Comment

its actually the instagib shock, also any coder worth 5cents ca make a map force vecs, it's three very simple lines of code

Comment

Originally posted by JamesCN
                    You're assuming the tank is the only vehicle... You grab the tank, I'll grab a Raptor, you jump out of the tank to shock me, I bail out of the Raptor land on top of your tank and either hijack it, or if you get back in I stay on the tank and just shoot a few flak primaries straight down.

The same method to destroy a tank in ONS works for DM....
                    There exists in ONS an entity one may call "open space". Good luck with your Raptor or Manta vs. a tank in Rankin, Curse, Grendle, Spirit, Ironic, Rough, Osiris, Fractionary and other spacially-challenged DM-maps.
                    You'll likely find me stuffed into a tiny corridor camping the DD or 100A spawnpoint and cleaning up with my ridiculous splash radius

Actually, screw the tank! I'm gettin me a Levi!

Whatever, by all means try it out. I'm just guessing there's more of a hierarchical algorithm to playing such a mode & it would get tired fast.

Are there any servers that play VDM?

Comment

Originally posted by Da Spadger
                      You're usually dead if you're under the tank, you know.
                      Actually you're not, because for some bizarre reason it's nearly impossible to drive the Goliath off a cliff...
                      And Carinae: there's no point in putting vehicles in that kind of maps is there?
                      Not to mention you wouldn't even be able to drive the tank anywhere in those close quarters, so you'd be a sitting duck.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsoolien
                        its actually the instagib shock, also any coder worth 5cents ca make a map force vecs, it's three very simple lines of code
                        Gimme.:bulb:

Comment

Working...
                        X