Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deathmatch everywhere

!

I've renamed all the maps using Bulk Rename Utility. Now they all play as deathmatch Many of these maps are very cool and it was a shame that I was missing such great works of art only because my only interest is DM. Some of them, such as ONS, etc are way too big, but CTF and BR are really playable and entertaining. I love fragging bots without having to worry about other tasks different from killing and surviving

Very cool... Do the vehicles and turrets from ONS and AS maps work in DM as well?

Comment

No, the gametype automatically disables them

Comment

That's a shame.

Comment

It's the single thing that prevented mappers form dumpping vecs on DM players unexpectedly, well unless those mappers were alos programmmers

Comment

Originally posted by Hsoolien
            It's the single thing that prevented mappers form dumpping vecs on DM players unexpectedly, well unless those mappers were alos programmmers
            i don't know how good of an idea that is though

some friends of mine had a vDM match on halo 2 the other day and it was really dumb. but then again so is halo 2, so maybe its worth a try

Comment

Agreed, lest you may as well rename every map DM-RunForTehTank

More DM-only ONS maps would be nice though

Comment

VDM with Mantas should be fun. ;D

Comment

I used to play just that on 32-player ONS servers

Comment

Originally posted by Carinae
                    actually if an actual dm map had a tank in it, the tank would be rather useless as it is defenseless (minus the mg turret) to people above or directly below it

Comment

Originally posted by Carinae
                      I really must disagree... The Goliath isn't nearly as indestructible as people make it out to be. It's actually pretty easy to lay waste to in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesCN
                        I really must disagree... The Goliath isn't nearly as indestructible as people make it out to be. It's actually pretty easy to lay waste to in my experience.
                        on the Co30 XGS deathmatch server there is a map called armakpass or something like that and it has tanks and every time I have played it there I always win with my deaths in the single digits. but i think thats because all the people there have no experience with vehicles and don't know how to handle them.

Comment

I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or not... :bulb:

Comment

vDM is lots of fun...

Comment

Originally posted by JamesCN
                              Sure man............. lets play a gametype where the sole object is to blow **** up. By all means go solo and enjoy --I'll grab a shock then take the vehicle with 800 armour, 2 guns, an exit door & little movement required to find a nice spot nearby to pitch a tent. Maybe I'll hang out near a spawn-point. Funfunfun :heart:

Comment

Working...
                              X