This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3369 - | for I

I mean what the hell??? Whats the point?? My clan has on it tag the | and now our names look awfull because of that, well done epic congrats. I didnt noticed any errors using | on the tag, hopefully we aint the only clan using that character. Now you going to fix this?? So we can be able to use | again or gonna tell us (community) how to put | in game??

It did cause problems. Sadly, apparently it caused them so deep down Epic saw no other way to fix it than to replace it with another character automatically.
    You'll have to replace it with something else, I'm afraid.

Comment

The name is "Il|"

I, a capital i
      l, a small L
      |, what you used for your tag

It look totally identical!

[shot]http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/4373/ut2004roughinery1272005059107b.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Becauase of the way | messed up various chat windows (it counts as a newline character) and some players abused this, in such methods as making their name a|s|... and so on, epic decided to go the method of simply changing the character out.

Perhaps they might be convinced to make an escape character system for the next patch?? (example /| would put a | where | would just make a new line, not very hard to implement)

BTW, they consider it 'fixed'

Edit: @Evil, I think some res/font combos result in a significant differnece in characters...

Comment

Thats true! Yesterday i played with TG|Rye (Hi!) and saw his ''|'' very wierd... that sux :heart:

Comment

It doesnt, press ESC while in game and check out ur name, also in stats are screwed up. Man **** you epic! :s Get the | back!

Comment

Oh, sorry... Didn't know that. It always looked fine for me.

Well i hope they find a fix then.

Comment

Just use [ ] instead of | 's. Looks better, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lert
                  Might get boring, if you only see []'s

Comment

Originally posted by Lert
                    BS!

Comment

Re: 3369 - | for I

Originally posted by RoastChicken
                      I mean what the hell??? Whats the point?? My clan has on it tag the | and now our names look awfull because of that, well done epic congrats. I didnt noticed any errors using | on the tag, hopefully we aint the only clan using that character. Now you going to fix this?? So we can be able to use | again or gonna tell us (community) how to put | in game??
                      This was talked about a _VERY_ long time ago - read the boards and pay attention to upcoming patch changes.

Comment

The | screwed up the chat window terribly and it was abused. People's names appeared vertically taking up as many lines as like 15. This was discussed long before the patches release and EPIC even asked us what we wanted for an alternative and the I was chosen. Sorry you missed it, you could have had your say then. I'm afraid it's too late now. Blame the people who abused it, not EPIC.

Comment

Yeah its retarded but then its not the end of the world, plenty of characters you can use instead:

/
                          \
                          -
                          `

but anyway its not so much blame people for abusing it (although lame and childish), but EPIC shouldn't have let it become an issue in the firstplace. So yeah its their fault, and the fix is far from ideal for alot of people.

Comment

Everyone knows a clan is not a clan without those "things", whatever they are.

What ever will we do!?

Comment

Originally posted by csm
                              ...its not the end of the world...
                              Seems it is for some people...

Comment

Working...
                              X