Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Amish_Refugee
    well 'not making any sense' is much more interesting than watching someone get 200 air roxs in 8 minutes
    Interesting? sure.

Worth dling? we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well 'not making any sense' is much more interesting than watching someone get 200 air roxs in 8 minutes

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So you actually wanted your video to make no sense at all? 0.o

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Denier-of-Soup
    My initial thoughts after viewing the video: "what the hell just happened?"
    This is what I was going for... the NIN video for HLaH does that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There was waaay to much switching between scenes, after the second time it started, I just stopped watching

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My initial thoughts after viewing the video: "what the hell just happened?"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wooooot NIN :up:

oh no, filefront is full up and i gotta wait

...and wait...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If someone could get me some direct links to these files I'll host them on unreal.ie (despite admin's attempts to silence me)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay, it appears than I'm one of the first viewers of this, um, er, uh, movie. Normally, I give most movies fairly high marks, just because I like movies. But I'm gonna have to give this one some not so high marks. Actually, I give it a low rating. I'll explain my why.

1. Video quality. The compression you used really screwed the video quality here. Everthing was washed out and blurry. Not good. I noticed that you used Adobe Premier. I have used Premier Pro, Sony Vegas, MS Moviemaker, Ulead Studio, and Virtualdub. The worst one for compression, IMO, is Moviemaker. Premier is next in line. Of course, this is all derived from my own experiences and research.

One thing that a lot of folks forget when it comes to compression is the fact that you may need to use some cleanup filters to enhance the compressed video. Just compressing the video and calling it a movie doesn't always get the job done.

2. No in-game sounds. I cannot stress this enough, put at least SOME in-game sounds in movies. We're gamers and we are your viewing audience and we like in-game sounds.

3. Flippy video clips. What the heck was with all of flippy video pieces? Were you purposefully trying to induce seizures on everyone? It's one thing to do that in a section of still imagery, but to put that kind of stuff in the middle of the action like you did just doesn't fit.

I hate to sound like I'm ragging on you, because it does appear that you put a lot of effort and time into this project. But, since you published the movie, you should expect some feedback.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, that's what they have unreal.ie for .. Good speeds, no redirect.

Still downloading btw ..

<Edit> Watched it .. Overall: not much impressed.

Good:
    - unusual movie
    - something NOT air-rox and headshot all the time.

Bad:
    - the colors - man what codec did you use ? It's screwed up.
    - bots in your fragmovie ? And not just a few but tons ?
    - frags were 'average' at best.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lert
    AAAAAAAARGH. FILEFRONT.

Eeeevil.
    Yeah, sorry about that. When I released the 'True' trailer, it nearly took all of my 40gb of bandwidth in a matter of days from everybody downloading it, so I figured I would use something else instead (especially when the video is 155mb).

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ Originally posted by Lert \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
    - the colors - man what codec did you use ? It's screwed up.
    - bots in your fragmovie ? And not just a few but tons ?
    1. XViD... the original video is insanely bright in parts so I added contrast and brightness to the colorfull footage to recreate this.
    2. Bots only appeared in the slowed down parts of the movie. If you notice, I was capturing while playing (hence the weapons on the hud) at a steady 30fps, so in order to get that slow effect, I had to play at 30% game speed, or 45% game speed, etc. I used a few different speeds with bots, since it's somewhat hard to find servers running the game speed mutator while also maintaining decent pings.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    AAAAAAAARGH. FILEFRONT.

Eeeevil.

*Joins wait-queue and downloads anyways*

Leave a comment:

• A different UT2004 frag video: 'Head Like A Hole'

Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't been here much lately.... though I imagine not many of you really care or know me (it's been a good year or so since I've been a major contributor to these forums).

Anyway, I have made and released my first frag video, and figured I'd post it up here to get feedback!

High quality - 155mb
    Low quality - 69mb

Now, for history/details.

Back around the time of the Ut2004 demo came out, I seriously started making movies. For those that were members almost 2 years ago, I made a trailer for one video that I was calling 'True' (available here). This trailer used only the demo of the game and ran about five minutes in length. It featured an edited version of two Nine Inch Nails songs put together: The Frail, and The Wretched.

The trailer was well recieved, and many people complimented it and said they were looking forward to the whole thing.

Then, I joined the clan and all of my movie efforts went towards the clan. I did end up completing the video, but it never made it to the web (well, it did, but it was never announced. Download a low quality version here).

A year and a half later, I left the clan that I quickly became a leader of as it began to fall apart and, on my own time, started working on a machinima series with another friend of mine. Unfortunately, that friend ended up contributing nothing into the project (so far...so who's to say that the project isn't dead?), but for those who saw my post about that a few months ago, things are looking grim for 'Team Blood Fist.'

Anyway, now to this. Eager to make a movie with my name on it and release it to the world, I made this: A somewhat accurate remake of Nine Inch Nails's classic video, "Head Like A Hole." For those who have seen the original video, you'll find that this video mimmicks the NIN version almost exactly, except in the manner that all segments are of UT2004 footage.

I've always been one more for presentation than frags (though I focus on them too - look at True to see what I'm talking about). I think I accomplish that with this video.

Enjoy! Post comments here.
Working...
X