Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Bjossi
    Aren´t there bots for Quake 2 that learn the maps? Maybe the same could be done for bots in UT2004, therefore making vCTF better for us offline players?
    Never heard about that in a fps, just once in a strategy game (the developers said the were too lazy to botpath every map so they made the bots learning it. :haha: )

I guess auto-pathing will be sooner or later the future, but I'm very sure that it is very cpu-intense and a lot of code.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I play online and offline.
    I work the midnight shift, Southeast, US and I have a choice of satellite and dial up. The uplink does not work for online gaming (pings around 1000 ms) and dial up to Titans servers is almost as bad. (Not many US servers populated at 10:00 am edt)

I play offline to learn the maps and practice, so I don't get totally owned when I do play online. Playing against bots is nothing like playing online, but it is better than wandering around an empty map.

@Crispy: Netscape, Netzero, etc. $9.95 per month dial up.
    Use the uplink to download the maps though, dial up might time out when downloading new maps.
    You can also use the satellite link to spectate online matches with no visible lag. The latency is there, but you won't see it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BigJim
    @Crispy: If you're in the UK or near enough, add me to your buddies (ßigJim) & join in the game (I'm nearly always playing vctf, sometimes TAM though).
    I'm in no ways leet or anything, but I know from experience that team games lose a huge amount in the translation from playing people to playing bots.

My connection sucks too, so don't fret it.
    I appreciate the offer, but I'm in the U.S., Michigan. :-\

Leave a comment:

• replied
    oh..
    my bad

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
    Aww, you get owned so the game type is lame? Good thinking.
    No, the gametype is lame offline. Try playing it with bots, and you'll see what I mean.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Aren´t there bots for Quake 2 that learn the maps? Maybe the same could be done for bots in UT2004, therefore making vCTF better for us offline players?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Aww, you get owned so the game type is lame? Good thinking.

Boksha, I had no other reason than I ran out of time. If I waited to botpath them they still wouldn't be released. I still have 5 DM maps waiting to be pathed, it's been about 6 months. lol.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not to mention very, very lame.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    VCTF is unplayable offline.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah my maps aren't botpathed, if you're playing instant action don't bother lol.
    If you don't bothpath maps thinking "Nobody will play these offline anyway", sooner or later bad things will happen. Most likely involving pianos hanging from flimsy strings, but maybe also mutators that use bothpaths for something (spawning random pickups? path-seeking rockets?) or other not working properly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EFA11
    Thats teh spirit :haha: :up: If I stopped playing the game every time I got owned I wouldnt play at all. :haha:
    I see what you're trying to say. When I was new to Onslaught, I was always on the losing team, but still found it to be fun. =/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ...I came from years of playing only sniper arena...
    Reminds me of the time I played Low-G SniperArena with you, Kami, and a mess of others.
    God, that was a long time ago

Leave a comment:

• replied
    IMO, nothing can come close to the teamwork in vCTF. ONS is the closest. I'm planning to start messing around in the servers again.
    Bots just don't cut it as far as vCTF goes...it's a completely different experience online.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah my maps aren't botpathed,
    Out of interest, I know of FJ's, (one of my favourites as it 'appens) but which other maps did you do?

I agree about the Bender snipez0rs, I think the Bender is fast becoming my favourite vehicle now, much fun can be had lining up the back-beam on your flag & waiting for a shmoe to think he's got an easy grab..

I have to disagree with teh Ultimate Soup, personally I find ONS to be much less fun than a good game of vctf, but of course I'm biased.

@Crispy: If you're in the UK or near enough, add me to your buddies (ßigJim) & join in the game (I'm nearly always playing vctf, sometimes TAM though).
    I'm in no ways leet or anything, but I know from experience that team games lose a huge amount in the translation from playing people to playing bots.

My connection sucks too, so don't fret it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think the last two patches add vctf to the server choi\cses even if you have no maps...

That said as agametype it only shows up when you have a map

Leave a comment:

Working...
X