Vctf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vctf

I guess it stands for vehicle CTF. If so, how do we enable it? Is it a type of map, or a modification?

http://games.titaninternet.co.uk/cgi...an.pl?server=1

There is such a server. Just click on the IP there and start playing. You'll probably recieve a few maps and such from it first though.

Comment

Well, how do I run it on my own computer?

Comment

its a game type, just like tdm, dm, ons etc, if you download some maps for it and select them you should be able to play it by yourself offline as far as i know.

Comment

I believe that once you play a VCTF map, the gametype will appear in your pulldown gametype menu in the server browser. But that means you will need to either DL a VCTF map or join a server running one and get the map off redirect before you will see the gametype.

Comment

Well, it'll appear as soon as you have a VCTF Map in your Map Folder

Comment

And where do I get the maps from? -_-'

Comment

http://unrealplayground.com/maps.php...=chron&search=

Don't get actionalleyways, it's probably the laggiest map ever made. Basically is great, so is Binary Space and Lapse. Those are some of my favorite maps.

Comment

I don't think the bots have proper support for VCTF, but I only played one map (Blood Gulch), so I may be wrong.

Comment

The bots seemed to be playing normally, except for the part in Binary Space where they had somehow managed to get their Scorpions stuck in a single gap.

Comment

Bot support in VCTF is totally dependent on the mapper. (Same goes with other custom maps)

VCTF- AgressiveAlleys2004 - full bot support
                      VCTF- 84-ViperLake-MZ-Final - no bot support

If you're downloading from Unreal Playground, the author's description will often tell you the extent of bot support, ie: full, partial, or none.
                      Some don't say, so you just have to try them and see.

Welcome to VCTF and be warned, it's somewhat addictive.

Comment

its great man

hey go download my vctf map^^ its still in beta but in version 2 so.... but still it dues have paths but the bots some times act really dull >.>

http://www.unrealplayground.com/down...hp?mapid=10308

Comment

Yeah my maps aren't botpathed, if you're playing instant action don't bother lol. I think someone is pathing Fat Jimmy's raceway though.

Comment

Originally posted by YbnORMAL?
                            it's somewhat addictive.
                            No it isn't. I still find Onslaught to be more addictive.

Comment

Have you only played instant action?

Comment

Working...
                              X