Reducing saturation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reducing saturation

Is it possible to reduce the saturation of the picture? If it's not, any mutator that can do this?

You mean the games screen or a captured image?

Comment

I've seen the adjustment in the video card drivers. Mine doesn't seem to have it (9800pro). My monitor on the other hand does have that feature.

If it's a still image, uhmm, photoshop?

Comment

I mean the in-game saturation, just like you can change gamma o brightness. Yes, I could change saturation from the game drivers, but I'd have to adjust it everytime I play.

Comment

The very existence of this question boggles me... :bulb:

Seriously, there's a HUGE Contrast slider just below the equally HUGE brightness and gamma sliders in your video options. :up:

Comment

Well Jes, unfortunately contrast affects the vibrancy of the picture itself, not only the colors.. saturation is to do with color only.

My only solution is to use the video card feature.. you may be able to select the full screen video channel which shoud not affect your desktop.. but I'm not too sure it applies for games either.

Comment

Out of curiosity: why'd you want to reduce saturation?
              Sounds to me that'd just make everything look more grayscale...

Comment

Probably because like many people, he thinks the UT2004 player models are too saturated with color ( do not mistake this with well colored skins, it's more to do with the lighting on them) and "cartoonish"..

Comment

Exactly, I think that the game would look more realistic with not so vibrant colors.

Comment

Elaphe: This mutator does two things.

1. Add shoulder lights.
                    2. Make team skins appear like they were in UT2003.

You don't even have to use the mutator after you've configured it to have less bright skins.

Example:

Comment

This is also something UTR will address, our code has been programmed to reduce the saturation of ALL player colors in any gametype. In other words they appear like they would have looked in UT.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy
                        This is also something UTR will address, our code has been programmed to reduce the saturation of ALL player colors in any gametype. In other words they appear like they would have looked in UT.
                        What?
                        Players in UT were quite brightly coloured. :weird:

Comment

Again, you're misunderstanding. UT2004 uses something called "Dramatic Lighting".. UT does not. The skins are brightly colored, yes. In UT2004, it seems they tried a poor solution to compensate for the large amount of world detail. There are many better ways than ugly lighting.

Comment

I think you don't really understand what saturation is. Saturation means how close something is to being greyscale. The more saturation, the further from each other the RGB sliders are. This has nothing to do with brightness of the colours, which is what Dramatic Lighting affects.

Comment

Yeah, we artists don't comprehend such terms very well

Brightness affects color. Granted, a lack of dramatic lighting doesn't make the colors more "grayscale", but ADDING it does affect the vibrancy of the colors.

Look at a perfectly red object in regular light. It has a pleasing tone, wouldn't you say? Now put it under a bright lamp. Look a lot more red suddenly? Perhaps now you understand what I mean.

Comment

Working...
                              X