What controls do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What controls do you use?

Do you use WASD or the NUMPAD? I prefer the NUMPAD because I can't stand the fact that the WASD is not perfectly aligned. I don't understand why it has became a standard in FPS games. With the keys surrounding the numpad, and with the mouse extra buttons I have all the quick action controls I need. I never choose a weapon directly with its assigned key, but if you do, maybe the WASD is better because it's closer to 1,2,3,4,5,etc. I prefer cycling, despite the fact that is less effective. Well, actually, rather than cycling, I use the best weapon button much more often, as well as the translocator (in UT2004), which is basic to move fast, to escape and to reach high positions quickly. Also, I normally use the second mouse button for jump, contrary to what people normally do (they use the spacebar, don't they?). I use my thumb for special attacks mainly, and ocassionaly for ducking or walking. I always have an quickly accesible key or button for best weapon. In the following image you can see my settings for UT2004. Since I always play deathmatchs with bots, there are lots of fuctions which I don't use so I don't have configured them. For this kind of gametype, do you recommend me any other interesting fuctions I could assing to other keys I have available?

[shot]http://www.alvarezeninternet.com/temp/controles.jpg[/shot]

*Screenshot tags added by admin.

WASD, because I'm not a lefty and I got used to the not-perfectly-alligned keys a long time ago.

The main reason (IMO) that the numpad is for lefties only usually is because the numpad and the mouse are really close together otherwise.....

Comment

i use the arrows because WASD crowds my fingers

Comment

hehe, yes, I know the problem, but if you have enough desk space, who cares? I always move my keyboard 20 cm to the left when I'm going to play.

Comment

WASD and please use the screenshot tags

Comment

I'll tell you what else you could do....

[shot] tags!!!!

No, seriously.

(I use the middle of the keyboard personally and move it to the left as well)

Comment

arrow keys ftw

it seems alot easier for me to not hit the wrong key when using the arrows because its all aligned and there's different areas

Comment

Originally posted by slime73
                WASD

Comment

n52

Comment

Originally posted by Hsoolien
                    n52
                    I'm hoping to get one of those for Christmas.

Comment

WASD

Comment

Right now I'm messing around between WASD and ASDF. ASDF is more of a flight/space sim scheme though. Also plan on trying ESDF...

Comment

I use numpad 8426 for movement. That's right, that's a 2 and not a 5.
                          Besides that, I use:
                          7,home: translocator
                          9,pgup: jump
                          5: select minigun
                          1,end: show scoreboard (while pressed)
                          3,pgdn: duck
                          0,ins: prevweapon
                          .,del: nextweapon
                          enter: select best weapon (in order: RL, flak, mini, link, shockrifle, biorifle, assaultrifle)
                          plus: select shieldgun
                          star: use
                          slash: shockrifle

This may seem like a strange setup, but because I have the shieldgun, shockrifle, minigun and rocketlauncher bound directly, I can access all DM weapons with a single key combination. (for example: enter+del is ALWAYS the lightning gun)

Comment

ESDF, I converted from the arrow keys, it turned out that not only were the arrows not close enough to have decent weapon keys, they are actually harder to push! (on my keyboard atleast).

Comment

The circle of death baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X