This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2007 Custom Content Management Idea

From previous experiences, I remember that dealing with large (and annoying) amounts of custom content can be terrible, especially when you have to deal with it in and out of game. So, here is an idea that could help:

INGAME CUSTOM CONTENT MANAGEMENT

It would let one...

...delete unwanted custom content of all types.
    ...change titles and descriptions of custom maps, weapons*, vehicles*, skins*, and player models*.
    ...give a warning when the content is required by a mod or gametype.
    ...see what other files go to a custom file.
    ...not delete official files made by the makers of UT2k7.

*(When you delete one of these items ingame, you delete all the files that go with it, including animations, textures, system files, and sounds if required.)

Also, while I'm at the 2k7 ideas, I should say that there should be a vehicle as well as weapon management screen, just to keep track of what's in the game.

Like it? Y/N? Anything to add or take away?

Good idea.

Comment

Sounds good.
      I propose that the maplist screen provide the ability to add ratings and notes. I would like to be able to group by indoor/outdoor/space/etc, so I can play what I'm in the mood for. So yeah, a general content management system for all the 'stuff' would be great.:up:

Comment

While we're at it, let's change the name of this forum to "UT2007 Ideas Discussion".

ps mods, don't delete this post just because you're jealous of my razor sharp wit.

Comment

How about I just delete you?

Comment

That would be amazing!! I love the idea. I doubt we would see it though

Comment

I just add new directories for custom content, it's not hard... And I never worry about my stock stuff being mixed in with my custom stuff (with the exception of the system directory, mut's don't seem to work in their own unless the mod= tag is used...

Comment

In-Game management would be great.

Comment

I'd find a utility that tells you what other custom files go with the custom file you click on, very handy indeed.

Like, if I selected OMFG.int, it would list any other system files, textures, and whatnot go with that file. Same for maps.

Comment

wow, sigged twice in 1 day..

*slinks back to his corner*

Comment

That is a GREAT idea, <=N1GHTW1SH=>

I've used utilites to ADD cache maps and mods to UT... but its not a management tool.

But yeah... its a such a waste of space and such when you may downloads megs and megs of mods & skins that you may only use on a single server (like a CLAN) but never use again anywhere else... or download some junk you don't want.

Thing is, UT2004 is very configurable - so an ADD-ON should be easy to make for both...

Comment

Sorry to bump an old one but this is a good idea.

2k7 should have it own Mods tab as part of it main gui and it need this type of management. The ability not only to view and also control assets.

This would also be good tool for modders.

Comment

I also want a rudimentary ingame webbrowser to be available between matches so I can check teh forums while the map is loading and people are chatting.

Comment

A bit off topic ...... but one problem I have is the arena mutators, non of them show which mod the weapon is coming from. So you get a list including 2 lightning guns, 5 avrils and 3 grenade launchers are example.

The idea of custom content management sounds nice, but would require coding...

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet Otter
                              That would be amazing!! I love the idea. I doubt we would see it though
                              what he said

Comment

Working...
                              X