constructing a clan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

constructing a clan

so ive been getting the idea of starting up a clan recently, and just to make sure i do everything right(if i do decide to try making a clan) im just gonna go ahead and ask "what do i need to do?" should i have an "official website"? should my clan have some kind of goal in mind (for examle: to play small tournaments against other clans, to make our own maps that we test out, or whatever?)? whats the best way to go about all this? do/should i have a minimum number of people?

anything else i have forgotten should be included in any advice you guys can give me. thanks!

First off, most clans have websites but its nowhere near necessary until your clan is very large. Next, you should definitely have somebody in your clan host a server or two, perhaps one for recruiting and one for private games, or anything else you come up with. Additionally, try to recruit a variety of mappers, low and high-skilled players, and any real life friends possible. Finally, as far as goals go, I suggest just trying to start a server enough people will like to keep it thriving a majority of the time, this way, your clan meets new people, becomes popular, and expands further. After that, go kick the **** out of the ]o[ clan for me.

Comment

lol, well, if i decide to go ahead with this whole thing, and its eventually able to, then will do, AL777!:haha:

i guess my main problem is that i have no one to host servers for me. "what?! but then how did you plan on having a clan, then?" well, actually what i had in mind was a group of people who would "professionally" beta test maps and mods that were made by other people. the server would be a temporary thing and we would only really use it for online testing of stuff, and not have a permanent thing going on all the time. that brings me to the goal. i was thinking of having our goal be to objectively and rigorously test maps and mods for people and then write professional feedback for them. because of this, we wouldnt need more than about 30 or so (and thats only for the really, really big maps) people to be in the clan. im starting to think that calling it a clan would not be proper usage of the word. it would probably be more like a consulting firm...:bulb:

Comment

Working...
      X