Action jerky at times with many bots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Action jerky at times with many bots

Playing offline with bots, I've noticed some annoying jumps during the action which happen every now and then, specially during the begginning of the match. This only happens when I use more than 5 or 6 bots. I don't know why this happens. Maybe it's the hard disk reading something. I've tried ticking and unticking the preload player skins options but I notice no difference. Any idea? I have an Athlon64 3200 with A 6600Gt and 1gb of ram and I'm running the game a t 1280x1024x32 without vsync and without full scene antialiasing.

without even looking at your specs, i can tell you that the reason the computer jumps (lags) when you start a match is because as its building the level, loading all the player skins, loading your model, constructing your point of view, spawning weapons, spawning vehicles, spawning other players, figuring physics equations out and doing the other 1000 tasks that it has to do, it would probably either run a bit low on system resources, ram, or be trying to work too hard. does this lagging go on through te whole game, or just at the beginning? if its throughout the game, its probably cause your system is either poorly optimised to handle the game, or because its not powerful enough.

have you tried:
    1. defraging your harddrive?
    2. setting all your graphics settings in game to a lower setting?
    3. ran anti-virus and anti-spyware scans recently?
    and
    4. updating all your graphics drivers?

all of those things should increase the performance of the game. if anyone else knows any way to get the game running better, post it here, cause thats all thats coming to my mind at the minute.

Comment

I occasionally have the same problem that occurs at random. However, I doubt its the level building or my graphics settings, considering I can play those same maps online with four times as many human players and suffer no lag. Sorry, but its probably the bot pathing building. If not, Neos probably right, but if it is indeed the paths, there is no real fix :P.

Comment

Originally posted by neogeo0823
        without even looking at your specs, i can tell you that the reason the computer jumps (lags) when you start a match is because as its building the level, loading all the player skins, loading your model, constructing your point of view, spawning weapons, spawning vehicles, spawning other players, figuring physics equations out and doing the other 1000 tasks that it has to do, it would probably either run a bit low on system resources, ram, or be trying to work too hard. does this lagging go on through te whole game, or just at the beginning? if its throughout the game, its probably cause your system is either poorly optimised to handle the game, or because its not powerful enough.

have you tried:
        1. defraging your harddrive?
        2. setting all your graphics settings in game to a lower setting?
        3. ran anti-virus and anti-spyware scans recently?
        and
        4. updating all your graphics drivers?

all of those things should increase the performance of the game. if anyone else knows any way to get the game running better, post it here, cause thats all thats coming to my mind at the minute.
        hello?
        Is anybody in there?

Of course his computer is powerful enough to handle 5 to 6 bots.
        This makes me not even consider the rest of your post.

Comment

Working...
        X