• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kick voting system is corrupt...

Kick voting (I believe) works with the following formula:

2K > N
    ^when this statement is true, that means you are kicked

Where K = # of kick votes the player has received and N = # of players in the server. With this said, if more than 50% of the players have casted kick votes against you, you are out.

But the problem is is that if let's say you are betraying your own team on an evenly-distributed 32-player server. Even if everyone else on your team has Kick Voted you, that's only 15 votes, making the need to have 2 votes from the enemy team, which may like you cause you are "helping them win". On the other hand, if you are that good that you are causing trouble for the enemy team, you could only receive up to 16 votes and they'd have to hope that at least one person on your team would want you to leave.

Most admins have either increased the % or decreased it. It's a server side option, but yes, by default it's 50%.

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse
      Most admins have either increased the % or decreased it. It's a server side option, but yes, by default it's 50%.
      Yeah, though most would lower the %. I think in most servers there should be no rule to the %, just when the admin thinks there are enough kick votes against a player to make the kick.

On the average server, how long are you banned from it once you are kicked?

Comment

Originally posted by NicAgent
        Yeah, though most would lower the %. I think in most servers there should be no rule to the %, just when the admin thinks there are enough kick votes against a player to make the kick.

On the average server, how long are you banned from it once you are kicked?
        Usually its around 30%. Why? Because most people don't borther to vote, or don't even know how to.

Comment

Working...
        X