Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Prophecy-Teaser by Envy

http://www.own-age.com/vids/video.aspx?id=6539

Just like all other movies with this strange codec, it skips. And yes... I am playing it in that VLC player. It actually skips less in WMP.

Comment

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

make sure your updated. it runs flawlessly for me.

Comment

I have the latests version of VLC, and it still runs very choppy. Anything after the "four" in the begining count down wont play. Could you possibly make a XviD version?

Comment

gahh, did u install what i put in the rar too? ill prolly make a xvid version but wont be near the quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse
            Just like all other movies with this strange codec, it skips. And yes... I am playing it in that VLC player. It actually skips less in WMP.
            and yet people STILL encode movies with a codec that the masses can't play.

Jeez guys, you want maximum penetration for your movies, not just those who are technically gifted (read: lucky) enough to get their head around a bloody codec that works about 50% of the time....

Anyway - if you give a direct link for the file I'll host it on unreal.ie for you aswell.

Comment

http://www.unreal.ie/dl/movies/Untit...er_by_Envy.rar

Never mind - the filefront link worked, for like, the first time ever.
              After I found a no-queue server of course.

Comment

Originally posted by zoro

Jeez guys, you want maximum penetration for your movies, not just those who are technically gifted (read: lucky) enough to get their head around a bloody codec that works about 50% of the time....

Anyway - if you give a direct link for the file I'll host it on unreal.ie for you aswell.
                That's exactly what i'm thinking... you're suppost to make it availible to to everybody, but in the end they wan't to be 'good' and use some super duper codec. :sour:

Comment

It played just fine for me. I agree though, it would be nice if moviemakers would give us the option of different formats. At least one fairly mainstream codec would be good. Then again, it is the moviemaker's movie, so it's his choice if he wishes to stick to what he feels is the best format for showing off his work.

Comment

Originally posted by zoro
                    Yup.... Tropic's last movie was strike 3 for me on x264.

I've put WAY more time into making movies play smoothly than I should have to with that **** codec... Yes, I've followed all of the suggestions (disable post-process, etc.), they still play horribly, and look bad.

Here's a tip for all of the movie makers out there:
                    Whatever MINOR quality gain you THINK you are getting with this codec... It is NOT worth sacrificing the huge group of people that (for whatever reason) can not, or will not play movies on this codec.

Comment

Nice trailer but try to use xvid plz. :up:

Comment

Seems 50/50 for me whether x264 movies will play well or not - they either play really smoothly, or are horribly jerky. This one is, unfortunately, the latter.

Comment

I am one of those people that doesn't watch a vid if it's not in any of the regular codecs. You know, the kind that Works. Reliably.

Comment

Offtopic, but here get all codec at once :

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...Codec_Pack.htm

Movie runs smoothly for me with this codec pack

Comment

I'm a *********. I keep trying and trying and trying... :bulb:

Comment

Working...
                              X