X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vsync yes/no?

Do you play with vsync on or off?

You ask ON or OFF and put YES or NO in the poll?:weird:

For UT2004: OFF (causes mouse lag no matter what)

Comment

V-Sync in UT2004 is off for me.

Comment

Oops, sorry I've tried to correct it. I cannot edit the poll, but I did edit the topic. Anyway, I think it's clear.

Comment

Yup, the tearing is unbearable with it off.

Comment

yesplzkthx.

clear fps greater than i can see anyway > useless tearing + 1337 statfps #

Comment

CRT = VSync On
              LCD = VSync Off

Comment

I have played 2k4 on a number of different systems and have always noticed mouse lag with vsync on.

I was wondering if anyone could offer a technical overview of how this "lag" time could be calculated etc.

We know that the "lag" comes from the fact that the video card is sync'ing fps with the refresh so there is some inherent delay. I wonder what the factors are and how they are applied.

Comment

Another factor is that the game doesn't start rendering when the last frame is displayed, but rather when the last frame is done rendering. As a result, you'll often end up with a lag between what really happens and what's shown on-screen.
                  I think the "disable mouselag" option prevents this from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Abilio_KID
                    You ask ON or OFF and put YES or NO in the poll?:weird:

For UT2004: OFF (causes mouse lag no matter what)
                    Do you use vsync, yes or no? It's not that difficult.

Yes, never experienced mouse lag (don't even know what it is) and turning it off causes too much tearing.

Comment

Even with disable mouselag checked in tandem with VSync, I get considerable mouselag to the point where my mouse actually "floats" a few seconds behind my input.

I have a 10-year old CRT locked at 60hz and don't get any tearing to speak of.

Comment

I have to leave it off, the gameplay is smooth enough but I thought vsync could help so I turned it on and it locks at 60, how do I change that value? My monitor's refresh rate is 75 hz (flat panel).

Comment

I dont use vsync because it cause bigger fps dips when there is a lot of activity. I only get tearing across the width of my screen down on the bottom of the picture, so it is out of my way. UT2k4 gets terrible mouse lag whenever it runs less than 60fps. Personally I think it lags in an attempt to not overload itself and run even slower.

I only run Vsync if my computer is running an incredibly high frame rate to begin with.

85hz refresh rate, no vsync

Comment

I hate screen-tearing so I always enable vsync. Never have a problem with mouselag.

Comment

I use an old CRT with 60hz refresh and my computer (brand new ) will render around 150fps with all the settings up. This causes some tearing if I whip my view around quickly. To eliminate this I tried playing with vsync on. When vsync was on I would get very nice images, with ablsolutly no tearing, no matter what was on the screen. However I quickly discovered that I had HORRIBLE mouse lag. It felt like every server I was playing on had a ping 70 ms more that before. I tried to get adjusted to my newfound lag, but I just couldn't do it. My aim instantly turned to garbage. I played more and realized that there was no escaping the lag no matter how much I tweaked with my settings. Now I have disabled vsync, my mouse feels like butter again, and I just put up with the tearing. For me, a quick and responsive input device is better than a few small tears in a couple frames.

Comment

Working...
                              X