• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Very nice ! :up:
    /me drools @ new screenshots...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This publicity and mass distribution for Red Orc is a good thing; maybe my country will actually set up servers for it! I played Red Orc and I love it, despite the difficulty of using a rifle. But I love a challenge, and this game provides it in spades. I just wish I didn't always have to play against bots, which are a poor substitute for human players; but online for me in servers with >250 ms ping means that the moment I step out of my spawn...BAM!! Herpes.

The graphics and sound make the game an immersive experience too. I like the design of the soldiers and the animations are lovely. I do, however, wish they'd change the graphic of the German soldier on their mod's main page (standing next to a Russian soldier), because while the Russian certainly looks like he is aiming down the barrel of his rifle, the German looks like he's peering at the MP40 like he's never seen one before.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by STANGFRIIK
    or you would just fall into the abyss and die.
    Ah, the memories.

Havn't played this in years, I used to pwn.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @ Logy:

"The Day The Earth Stood Still" is one of my all time favorite movies. Everyone should rent it and watch it, definitely a Sci-Fi Classic in a class all it's own. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cedega (the commercial fork of WINE, the Windows "not an" emulator for Linux/BSD) has supported Steam for a while now, but Valve continually changes steam which breaks it for Cedega users, requring an update for Cedega.

Also, in my experience, performance in cutting-edge games through WINE is dismal, and usually unstable.

So the only option for Linux RO players is to pay for an emulator to run a program to allow them to pay to play a game in an emulated Windows environment at a performance/reliability penalty, even though the game was made on an engine that has had native Linux support for years.

Definitely a step back.

Oh, yeah, and Mac users are RIGHT OUT.

That's not to say I don't understand why the developers went this route. They want to reach a wide audience, and get paid for their work.

It just sucks that they've partnered with a company that is so tenaciously riding Microsoft's jock. Valve supporting any platform other that Windows is about as likely as peace in the Middle East.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So far they are using emulators to my knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh, what i saw was someone say that both were left out so i assumed they were

But how do they run Steam on Linux, using a windows emulator, i assume?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cenotaph
    Thank you.

so Linux and Mac were discarded, right?

I guess the move to Steam was just a very good oportunity to be wasted on those small communities. It's a shame thou.
    Heh, you obviously missed the thread I was pointing out. The team is very intrested in providing mac and linux support and several members of the community are allready looking at ways of getting Steam up and running in linux (and have succeded)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Reddragon
    Shouldn't that be gg Red Dragon... :haha:
    awesome

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Shouldn't that be gg Red Dragon... :haha:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Yoshiro
    www.redorchestragame.com enjoy
    wow, those screenshots show a major jump in graphical quality compared to the mod.

GG for sure!!
    (And congratulations on the success, you guys have given me one of the greatest MP gaming experiences ever )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Read the Red Orchestra forums, there are several discussion about this. (specificly the Support section)
    Thank you.

so Linux and Mac were discarded, right?

I guess the move to Steam was just a very good oportunity to be wasted on those small communities. It's a shame thou.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, they're just using steam for distribution, atleast so far, for that steam is good. It's just the bloody product verification part of it that blows.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Meh. A big part of the hardcore RO crowd consists of disgruntled DoD players. People have been ribbing that team to go Source from day 1 just about. Seems they've done the next best thing.

On the one hand it's cool that Valve is opening the door for massive direct- marketing of indy games. :up:

On the other hand, it's fncking Steam. :down:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is no port of the mod, so any bugs the mod had has no bearing on if a similar bug exists in the retail game.
    We shall see.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X