Any piece of news about Ut2007 bots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any piece of news about Ut2007 bots?

I really love playing deathmatch against bots in UT2004. I'm really dissapointed with Quake 4 not including bots. Now, I'm worried about this being a tendency in multiplayer FPS. My fav game right now is UT2004 and I have great expectations about UT2007. Can you tell me if you know for sure if the game will include bots? And are there any news about any improvements in the IA? I'd really like to see more intelligent bots, with a more human-like behaviour.

Said by Mysterial in another thread.

Originally posted by Mysterial
    The UT2004 bots are way better than the ones in UT were. It's just that most the people on this forum have played the series for years so it's expected that most of them would have mastered it by now.

For most people UT's AI is far more than they'll ever need and far superior to most other games.

Of course, that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. We have a sizable list of cool AI things we plan to do for UT2007.

:up:

Comment

Re: Any piece of news about Ut2007 bots?

Originally posted by Elaphe
      I really love playing deathmatch against bots in UT2004. I'm really dissapointed with Quake 4 not including bots. Now, I'm worried about this being a tendency in multiplayer FPS.
      Fact: no Quake game with a non-multiplayer-sim single player campaign ever came with bots.
      Fact: every single Unreal game that had multiplayer came with bots.
      I don't think you have much to worry about.

Comment

there are many articles about ut2007. one say that epic wants to make bots more and more like humans. you have nothing to worry about

Comment

I think bots are an integral part of the game, HOWEVER, I do believe that bots should be disabled on dedicated servers in online multiplayer games. Hosting a game or starting one with bots is a very nice option for many people, but not having online play based 100% on human vs human play is a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Cursive
            I think bots are an integral part of the game, HOWEVER, I do believe that bots should be disabled on dedicated servers in online multiplayer games. Hosting a game or starting one with bots is a very nice option for many people, but not having online play based 100% on human vs human play is a mistake.
            I disagree and here's why:

I work the midnight shift, if I want to play online when I get home from
            work I can usually find a few partially populated servers (teams balanced by bots) with a decent ping.

Without bots, I'd be forced to play European servers with serious net lag. (which I do sometimes, but I don't want that to be my only option)

Getting ping raped on a daily basis would not be cool.

My $0.02

Comment

Yeah, for dm and such min bos should be 2, for say onslaught 4 is probably better...

Comment

The bot are gonna have voice and speech recognition so you can interact with them like never before.:up:

Comment

Man I hope they improve bot performance in Onslaught........ even playing on Godlike is easier, yet more frustrating than any nOOb server I've encountered

Comment

Yeah ONS with bots is just horrible.. Cause nothing distracts them from getting back to firing at the node almost immediately after you've killed them. Humans would at least try to adapt some kind of strategy.

Comment

There will be bots for ut2007 for sure.

On the other side, I don't want bots online. I always filter all server with a single bots in it, and at the very moment I know there is a bot, I leave.

Because I hate ut2004's bots, and they are so different to human its breaking the fun whenever you encounter them.

If ut2007's bots are realy more like human, they It may not bother me to play with some bots, but still, its will never be the same thing.

Comment

So if there was 16 players besides you, and 1 bot, you'd leave? lol.

Comment

I would never join an empty server unless it has bots enabled. Playing against bots online is still more fun than standing alone on a server waiting for others to join. And it's hard to find a good game of ONS these days (demo servers full of lamers, and more importantly, running two worst maps from retail version don't count) outside Titan (but I used to have lag and bad framerate on that server until I recently upgraded my computer).

Comment

yeah im sure the bots will be even better than in previous versions and apparently the voice control options for issuing orders to your team will add a new dimension to offline team based games.

I think its fair to say if you loved UT AI before you'll be more than happy next time round .

Playing bots offline was definetly a good way to 'learn' the game. It allows you to understand how each game type works, how each weapon can be used, etc and then when you come online you dont have to worry about the basics, its all down to trying to out smart your opponents and performing well on the day. Good stuff !

Comment

Working...
                            X