Biggest improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest improvement

Just say what you changed about the way you play the game that made you a better player. For me it was switching from arrow keys to ESDF, and making the mouse sen. lower (about 2.25).

Changing my sens to 2.0, binding all my weapons to keys around my move buttons, and lots of practice.

The new PC I'm getting will probably help alot too.

Comment

^><V --> wasd
      wheel --> seperate keys
      lowering sens (2.75-1.75 on an MX518)
      practice

Comment

playing tdm

Comment

At first (in ut2k3), I started using WASD instead of the arrows.

In ut2k4, I had the inteligence of using F, R and G for the Flak, Rocket and Sniper respectively, and # for the super weapons. Make them close enough for me and it works a lot better.

I also played templeoftrialsv2-v3 for quite a while until I could master all my ability, which made me a LOT better.

Comment

gettign owned by one of my clan mates in DM for several hours straight on antalus.

Comment

weapon binding, powerup timing in 1v1

Comment

Not careing if I lose all of a sudden made me not care that I lose all the time

Comment

Turning mouse smoothing off (before I got MX510)-I couldn't hit a moving combo or make non-lucky headshots before I did that.

Also, playing only 1-2 hours a day seems to have positive influence on myself-I used to play 4-6 hours a day so I ended up not trying at all most of the time and getting owned by people with much less experience.

Comment

Finally getting a broadband connection and learned how to bind teh weapons:noob:

Comment

Binding weapons to different keys instead of using the scrollwheel.

Getting a headset instead of those blasted speakers where you dont hear a thing through.

Comment

I don't know, I'm still trying to get better lol.

A 1.5mb connection and a newcomputer would probably help lots.

Comment

playing instagib ALOT

now i can go into vctf and kill everything in the game with a hellbender rear turret

Comment

Originally posted by KhILLuM
                            binding all weapons around wasd ^^

e = flak
                            r = shock
                            c = mini
                            f = "best weapon"
                            2 = bio

mouse scroll down = lg
                            scorll up = rocket

:noob::noob:
                            You're getting there. You just forgot to bind your link gun. And 'best weapon'. What is that? The best gun you have in your backpack at that moment?

Comment

Playing insta and using lg a lot has improved my aim .

Also changing my crosshair , and doing moving shock combos , in which I didnt always hit the ball though .

Trying to aim at head is good , once you get used to it , it feels much easier to aim at body - look at the result http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/pla...?player=819922

Comment

Working...
                              X